Status: Completed

My Gorgeous Nightmare

Chapter 1

I looked around, trying to figure out why this neighborhood looked so familiar. Maybe it was because every neighborhood in Las Vegas looked the same, but maybe it was because I’d been here several times. I followed Mom halfway to the door before turning around to text my best friend, Dianna. “I’m across the street from your house,” I texted before meeting Mom at the front door of our new house.

She unlocked the door and propped it open so we could start bringing our things in. I ran upstairs to decide which room I wanted. There were a total of three bedrooms in the house, one being the master bedroom which I already knew wouldn’t be mine. The two I could choose from were next to each other, at the opposite end of the hall from the master. The one to the right overlooked the front yard and street, while the second had a view of what could be called a backyard and the back of the house behind us. I chose the first room, as it had a walk-in-closet, unlike the other room.

I helped Mom unload the car and began setting up my room. We were moving here with her boyfriend and his son, who was a few years older than me. Mom didn’t know the son’s name, and had never met him, and I’d never met the boyfriend. Technically, I hadn’t even known about him until this morning, when she explained why we were getting such a big place. As you can probably imagine, I wasn’t too excited about moving in with two guys I’d never met, but Mom told me to “trust her judgment.”

Anyways, I spent the next few hours setting up furniture and my computer, then started organizing things. I had a dozen or so boxes of boxes of books alone; I love reading, always have and always will. I’d have to get a friend to come over and help me hang my posters since I could never tell if they were in a good place, and most of my friends were taller than me to begin with.

I finally got a reply from Dianna asking why. As I was answering, I heard Mom calling. Why she’d named me Angel, I still haven’t figured out. I hated the name, and was nothing like an angel. My friends all had different nicknames for me, so almost no one called me by that name. I turned off my music before heading downstairs. I was assuming the boyfriend and son were here, and I had to meet them.

“How many times do I have to tell you to keep your music down when I’m home?” she asked as soon as I entered the room. “You know I don’t like what you listen to.”

“Sorry,” I muttered, looking down. We had this conversation at least once a week. I usually had A7X, BVB, ETF, or BMTH playing, bands which Mom referred to as “the music that criminals listen to.” Where she got that from, I don’t know either. Maybe it has to do with the fact that all she listens to is really upbeat music, with lyrics about how happy a person is.

“The reason I asked you to come down in the first place was so you could meet William and Ronnie,” she said. I hadn’t even noticed that we weren’t alone. Looking up, I saw an older man, around Mom’s age, who I assumed to be William, as the other, younger guy, was none other than Ronnie Radke.

He smirked at me. “I’m assuming you know who I am based on your reaction,” he said. I just nodded.

“What’s going on here?” Mom asked suddenly.

“Ronnie was the lead singer in a band,” William explained.

He was sitting next to Mom, so I took a seat on the floor with my back against the wall. I noticed Ronnie giving me a strange look, but I brushed it off, pulling out my phone to check the texts I’d gotten since coming downstairs. One was from Dianna, to which I quickly replied. The other two were from Twitter. I hid a smile when I saw that one of those was from Ronnie. “Meeting my new family,” it said. I quickly replied, “Not going to mention any names?”

I watched him out of the corner of my eye, trying not to laugh when he gave me a confused look. I checked his next message as my phone vibrated signaling a new message. “Stalker! ;)” it said. That time, I couldn’t keep myself from laughing. A moment later, Ronnie joined me.

“What’s so funny?” William asked.

“Just something posted on Twitter,” Ronnie said. “We must follow some of the same people,” he said looking at me. I nodded in response.

William and Mom exchanged a look while Ronnie and I laughed again. After we stopped laughing, I got up and made my way to the kitchen. I started looking through the cupboards, but they were empty. How was I supposed to live in a house that had absolutely no food?

I made my way back to the living room. “We’re going out to eat at Outback,” Mom said, getting up. “We’re leaving in a about half an hour if you want to get ready.”

“I’ll be ready,” I said, heading to the stairs.

“Show Ronnie where his room is,” she called after me.

I rolled my eyes, stopping to wait for him. “I think he can find the stairs and an open door by himself,” I said to myself. “Follow me,” I said, leading Ronnie up the stairs. I pointed to his door before entering mine.

I grabbed what I needed for a quick shower and locked the door to the bathroom. I took a quick shower and wrapped a towel around me. When I opened the door, Ronnie was leaning against the opposite wall. “My turn!” he said, running in. I returned to my room and turned my music on again. I got dressed and fixed my hair and make-up.