Life On The *** Scene

Hands Of A Mastermind

2 days later back in Chicago…

Billie was looking at some of the files he had received from the searches the others had looked up for him.

“Hmm…so this guy is out of this case because he’s already dead. This one is still locked in prison.”

“Having any problems?” someone said from the doorway.

Billie looked up to see Bob standing at the doorway.

“Actually yes. But what took you so long to arrive here?”

“You know, another case came in the way. Also, my daughter called me while coming here, so that was another thing. But anyways, any clue who the killer might have been?” Bob asked.

Billie looked at him surprised. He did not know that Bob had a daughter, but he shrugged it off.

“Not yet, but we do have some information about the lady that died. There were also some things left in the house that might lead us into capturing the murderer.”

“And are you going to tell me this or am I going to stand here and watch you get a headache over this case?”

Billie laughed.

“You know very well that I always tell you the stuff. Come in and have a seat, you must be tired as always.”

Bob smiled and kindly accepted the offer as he sat on the seat nearest to him.

“So what’s with the lady?”

“Well, what we found out was rather surprising actually.”

Bob raised his eyebrow.

“You read about the bank robbery in Las Vegas?”

“The one where there were two Black Trams and that officer called Brendon Boyd Urie kind of got hold of them or something?”

“Exactly. Wait, how did you know about Brendon though?”

Bob just shrugged his shoulders, smiling.

“Well, stuff just comes my way just like that.”

Billie nodded his head as he leaned back in his seat sighing. He took out a cigarette and lit it.

“Lucky you…anyways, the lady who was killed was actually part of that Black Tram group. We don’t know why she was killed yet though.” Billie said as he looked at Bob, who was looking at the cigarette.

“This case is actually starting to sound interesting. Did you get a hold of any information about that group?” Bob asked as Billie gave him a cigarette and lit it for Bob.

“Yeah, we did. We found out that they’re spread around the world and that they are a well-known group. They call themselves the “Black Shadows” and they’ve never been caught before.” Billie sighed once again as he puffed out some smoke from his mouth.

“So what kind of crimes have they caused? Only robbery?” Bob asked, puffing out some smoke too.

“No, they not only rob banks, but also kill people. Actually, their main business is to kill people. But I heard that they don’t just kill random people.”

“What do you mean?” Bob questioned, putting out the cigarette in the ashtray.

“They’ve killed some very important people like actors, singers, and even presidents, you name it.”

“But for what reason? They have to have a reason to murder them right?”

Billie towards the door, checking to see if anybody was there, but no one was there. He looked at Bob once more and lowered his voice,

“It’s not that common these days, but they kill those people because others ask them too. They get paid to kill these people. That’s their job. They kill them in very mysterious and unsolvable ways, just like the one we’re on now. If it weren’t for you, we would have thought that it was another suicide case.” Billie said as he placed his cigarette on the ashtray.

“Nah, it’s nothing. It’s my job you know? But anyways…what about the stuff you found at the woman’s house? That’s the main reason I came here in the first place.” Bob sighed as he laid back into the seat he was sitting in.

“Well,” Billie said as he took out some photos out a file, “we found some guns, a dirt covered rope, and a glass filled with some kind of poison. We’re trying to figure out what the poison is so we can figure out where it came from. Unfortunately, there were no fingerprints. We’re coming to the conclusion that she may have betrayed the group in some way and gotten herself killed.”

Billie passed the photos to Bob who looked at them for a while. Silence filled the room for a while as Bob examined the photos closely, looking deep in thought.

Billie, who seemed uncomfortable watching Bob in silence, broke the silence.

“Anything new?”

Bob looked up from the photos, raising his eyebrow.

“You know, I think that your conclusion is wrong.” Bob said as he put the photos on the table in front of him.

“What do you think then?”

“Okay, let me clear some things. First, you told me that the lady was involved with the group. Secondly, you told me that they kill people in various ways, which are unsolvable. Then you tell me that there is evidence that she was killed. Anything tug our brain?”

Billie thought for a bit, when a sudden realization hit him.

“You mean someone else might have killed her?”

“Not just somebody, probably someone who knew them very well, in a bad way though.” Bob said, as he looked at the photos once more.

“Like for revenge?”

“Yeah, I’m not really sure, but it the Black Shadows were to kill a betrayer, I think they might have made this murder more unsolvable.”

“Come to think of it, yeah, I think you’re right. They would have planned out a more complicating plan right?”

“Mhm,” Bob nodded his head, “so now we have to find out who that is. That I’ll depend on you and your “newbies”.” Bob smirked.

“Oh don’t even start that Bob.” Billie groaned, which made Bob chuckle.

“Well, that’s life.” Bob sighed as he got up from his seat.

“You going already?” Billie asked as he placed the photos back into the file.

“I’ve got other work to do. I’ll come back in a week though.”

“Alright then. By that time, I hope that we’ve figured something out.” Billie said as Bob walked towards the door.

“I hope so too.” Bob mumbled as he went out the door to the parking lot.

To Be Continued...