‹ Prequel: Death to a Blonde
Status: Sequel! In action! Yay :)

Matthew's Trip: Here and Back

Chapter 3

"Hello." A dull voice said. My eyes moved off from the ceiling and towards my door. A girl with light brown hair that hung close to her rib cage was standing there. I sat up and gave her a dark look.

"What?" I asked harshly. "No need to get bitchy. I'm just here to show you around and stuff." She moved into my room closer. "I'm fine so you can leave." She laughed. It wasn't a bubbly laugh, it was more on the darker side. "No can do, doctor's order, and you never want to disobey his orders."

I turned my head towards the barred window. It was hard to see out, the rain had made it almost impossible to. But then a pale blue mist showed up right in front of the window. It began to take form. The figure was a familiar one. I was not use to seeing this though and I slightly jumped.

"What's wrong?" The girl asked. "Nothing," I mumbled. I looked back over to Janice. She was standing there smiling. Why was she smiling? She moved closer to me and I reached out to touch her but the connection was not made.

Her smile faltered a little but regained it's self once she turned and looked at the girl in my room. She moved over behind the girl and walked through her. She did not reappear though.

The girl looked zoned out for a second. A few minutes later she came to and smiled. "Matt?" The voice was all too familiar. "Janice?" "I did it! I did it, I really did it!" I looked confused.

"They said it was impossible. I knew they were wrong." "Did what." "I took over control of her body. I can be here with you Matt. We can be together again." She stepped closer to me and I pushed back on my bed.

She frowned, "What's wrong?" She asked. "That's not right Janice. It's just-" "The best thing ever. It's just a shame of this body though. She could've had nicer hair." Janice picked a strand of the hair and just let it fall. "This'll have to do."

She came closer to my bed and then sat on it. I moved away from her. "Your not scared of me are you Matty." She slowly moved towards me.

"Just get away from Janice. This isn't you." I pushed her and she stood up and walked back towards the door. "Have it your way Matthew, but one day we will be together whether you're alive or not." Just then the girl's body went limp and fell and Janice's ghost figure floated out somewhere.

The last of Janice was her new sinister laugh. Echoing through the room.