Status: Complete. <3

Tonight I'm Loving You

Enrique

He stood there in the hallway like the distant memory I'd tried years to bury. He was wearing a white T-shirt and dark jeans with a pair of sunglasses shading his captivating eyes. That would give him a disadvantage now.

"Hey, Rosin," he said quietly, shoving his hands into his pockets.

I stared at him in silence, unable to comprehend he was actually here. He sighed. "Can I come i--"

I slammed the door in his face. "That son of a--" Remembering Satia was in the room, I cut my ranting short and turned from the door. Rosa was looking at me questionably as she ushered Satia around the kitchen.

"Who was that?"

I gritted my teeth and threw a pointed glance at Satia. Luckily, Rosa immediately understood. However, Enrique must have misinterpreted my actions because he knocked again.

"Send him off," Rosa whispered harshly.

I convened all the anger and courage I could and opened the door. I pushed Enrique back so I could step out and shut the door behind me. When he opened his mouth to speak, I slapped him.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I snapped.

He turned his face back to me. He didn't look angry like I'd hoped. He looked sad and his shoulders dropped. "I just...I wanted to see our child."

"Not 'our' child. My child. You had absolutely no involvement in her life! Why would--why do you deserve to now?"

"Her?" he asked, his face brightening. "We have a daughter?"

"Not 'we'! I! I have a daughter! You do not!"

"Please, just let me see her," he begged. "I know I don't deserve it, but I--"

"No," I said firmly. "Leave. Now."

His body seemed to completely drop by how futile he knew it would be to fight me. Slowly, he nodded and left.

|

"Alright. What's bothering you?" Angelina asked me, closing her book.

She was the perfect model of a Spanish beauty and I envied her sometimes. However, she was a friend that I relied on dearly and wouldn't trade for anything.

"Nothing," I answered softly. I tried harder than ever to focus on the text in my book.

"Don't lie," she said, narrowing an eye. "What's wrong?"

I sighed. "Satia's father came back."

Her eyes widened. "What did you do?"

"I told him to leave. And he did."

"So what's the problem?"

I looked down at the stone table we were sitting at outside the campus. "Is it...the right thing to do? To keep him out of her life? He seemed so sincere. Satia deserves a father figure in her life."

"Yes, but is he the father figure you want? Maybe you need to start dating..."

I snorted. "How? I'm balancing school, Satia, and my job. I don't have a lot of social time, especially to find a guy who would want a kid that isn't his."

Angelina looked at me sympathetically. "I'm sorry. If you think its the right thing then..." She finished with a shrug.

The possibility of having Enrique in Satia's life seemed to have its quirks. I didn't want to trust him, fearing that he wouldn't just break my heart again--he'd break his daughter's. Yet, I felt it my duty to give Satia everything she needed and a father she did. But was Enrique going to live up to it? Did I really have a choice?
♠ ♠ ♠
A little short, but the next one's a little longer. Promise. :) I just heard "Escape" by this wonderful man a little while ago and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD

I really need more subscribers and commenters because if I don't get more...this story is going down the toilet, which makes me sad. :(

Special thanks to:
border collie
youth and whiskey.
Em'ly
AlexisNicole 822

Comments? Subscriptions? Love? <3