Status: Complete. <3

Tonight I'm Loving You

La Escarlata

My job at the college library was at its usual quiet time and I settled down in one of the soft, leather chairs to read Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince for the fourth time. I didn't much like most of the modern literature or romance novels which left me with only a handful of books I could enjoy. I did enjoy Harry Potter, however.

I was at a suspenseful part--Harry versus Draco--when someone said, "Could you help me find a book?"

The book fell back on my lap. I looked over my shoulder and sure enough Enrique was standing right behind me.

"Are you stalking me?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"Yes," he answered, coming around my chair to sit in the one across from me.

"What are you doing here?"

"Stalking you," he answered with a twinge of a smile.

"Enrique..."

"I just wanted to talk."

"Don't you have some concert or interview you need to get to?" I inquired. "Besides, maybe I don't want to talk."

I rose from my seat, but he reached out and touched my arm. It felt like some sort of electrical current had traveled from my arm to my heart and it flip-flopped.

"Please?" he said, his liquid brown eyes shining up at me from beneath the brim of his ball cap. "Just for a little while?"

We looked at each other and for a few tense moments he waited for my answer. "Rosin..." he started.

I slowly sat back down, only then did his hand leave my arm. A short, tense conversation--that's what I expected. But it was only that way for the first five minutes. Before I knew it, I was giggling uncontrollably and Enrique was beaming at me.

"I can't believe you remember that!" I said, after catching my breath.

"Well, it got my attention, didn't it?" he smiled.

The first time we'd met at a club, I'd tripped in my heels. I'd landed on top of Enrique and spilled my drink all over him. I'd fallen in love. Literally.

"I was wondering though," he started, folding his hands. "There's going to be a party at La Escarlata. How would you like to come?"

My eyes widened. La Escarlata was the biggest club in Madrid, a place I never could afford to go, a place to high-maintenance for myself.

"I can't--"

"Before you say no," Enrique interrupted, "Whatever reason you want to say no, I'll pay your way in, I'll get someone to watch Satia. Just say yes."

I sighed and looked at Enrique dubiously. "Why would you want me to go?"

"You need to get out. Its a way for us to...really catch up. Please?" And to make it worse, he gave me the puppy dog eyes.

"Enrique..."I groaned and looked away.

"Please?"

"Fine. But you have to pay," I said bluntly. "I'm not waisting my money getting in there."

He smiled. "Deal."

|

I was taking Angelina with me for two reasons. One, she knew Madrid like the back of her hand. And two, I didn't want to face Enrique by myself. Maybe he'd see Angelina, want to screw her, and leave me alone. Of course, I'd warn Angelina, but I doubted she'd listen. It was hard to say no to him. As I was finding out. She didn't know exactly who Satia's father was, I'd never told her, but she realized he was well off because of where he'd invited me. I knew once she saw him, she'd know who he was.

La Escarlata's lights were like a beacon of doom. Angelina almost had to drag me in. The music was pounding, the floor lighted up with dancers twirling over the heads of the guests. I looked around cautiously, hoping he hadn't shown up.

"Rosin!"

I groaned inwardly and turned. Enrique was walking towards me, wearing a casual suit and a smile.

"Oh my God..." I heard Angelina mutter beside me. Her face was priceless.

"Welcome," Enrique said and looked over at Angelina.

"This is Angelina," I said quickly and Enrique held out his hand.

Angelina accepted it, her mouth still agape. He kissed her fingers and I rolled my eyes. Womanizer.

"Take a seat," Enrique gestured over to a corner where some chairs stood waiting. "Drinks?"

"I-I'll have a-a raspberry margarita," Angelina stuttered out, still staring.

"Nothing," I answered.

"I'll be back then," Enrique said before disappearing.

As soon as we sat down, Angelina broke from her spell. "ENRIQUE IGLESIAS!"

I traced the pattern of the chair's arm and said, "Yeah. So?"

"Enrique Iglesias...Enrique Iglesias is...Is he Satia's father?"

"Yep," I sighed.

Angelina fell back in her chair, seeming petrified. "Thanks for telling me."

"What use would it have done?" I snapped. "Its not like I'm just going to tell everyone about what a stupid mistake I made."

Angelina looked down at the floor. "I guess you're right. Its just...Wow."

I grunted. Enrique slipped back through the crowd, followed by a man carrying a tray of drinks. He handed Angelina her's and handed me one.

"Strawberry Daiquiri. Your favorite," Enrique purred and I glared at him.

"I don't drink anymore," I replied shortly.

Angelina narrowed her eyes at me over the brim of her glass and, slowly, I took a sip.

"So, Angelina...What do you do?" Enrique asked.

"I'm a student like Rosin," she answered carefully, still processing she was talking to Enrique Inglesias. "I'm also a waitress."

Enrique nodded and looked at me. "How's Satia?"

"Fine," I said.

Enrique opened his mouth to continue, when a voice shouted "Enrique!"

I practically spilled my drink at the voice. No way. No way could that be--

To my shock, one of my favorite artists of all time came sidling through the crowd. He was bald and just like in all his videos, he was wearing sunglasses and a suit.

I knew my jaw was hanging open, but I couldn't help it.

"Hey!" Enrique smiled, standing up. "I want you to meet some lovely ladies. Rosin, Angelina, this is Armando PĂ©rez. You probably know him as--"

"Pitbull!" I nearly shrieked as I rose from my seat and held out my hand. "I am a huge fan!"

"Muchos gracias," he said and kissed my hand. "Enrique's not kidding when he says lovely ladies."

I was blushing beyond words as Angelina greeted him. Pitbull (or Armando) and Enrique sat down with us. Enrique didn't mention anything about him and I which I was proud of. I knew what Angelina must be feeling then. I was sitting next to Pitbull! He was a cool guy, very happy and easy to talk to.

Enrique suddenly pulled me to my feet. "I'm going to steal her for a little while."

I wasn't sure what we were doing. I resisted slightly in following him until we stepped onto the dance floor, in the middle of the crowd. He pulled me against him and I resisted again until he whispered, "relax. I'm not kidnapping you."

I realized we were only dancing to the slow Latin song playing and I felt myself blushing in embarrassment this time.

"Aren't you worried about the story this could start?" I asked coolly.

"No," he said and spun me around slowly before bringing me back to him. "The press isn't allowed in here. No one's going to say anything."

"Why? Because everyone knows you do this to romance all your girls."

Enrique sighed. "If it makes you feel better, I've only been in two relationships since you and they lasted less than two months."

"No, it really doesn't make me feel better."

"I'm trying to make me being a prick to you better. I know I screwed up, Rosin. Can't you forgive me?"

The way 'forgive' rolled off his tongue was hot, but I kept my guard up. "It'll take time," I said and added quickly, "I'm only doing it for Satia."

"I know. I'm not trying to get back together just so you know."

"Okay, that's fine. Is Pitbull single?"

I felt Enrique stiffen underneath me and I smirked over his shoulder. "What's wrong?" I asked innocently.

"Nothing," he answered just as innocently. "Nothing at all."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everybody! Sorry for lack of updates, but if you comment, I'll updated faster. :) I felt a reason to add Pitbull. I don't know why. I just love him! :D

Special thanks to:
sofia.loves.PINK

Comments? Subscriptions? Love?