Status: Complete. <3

Tonight I'm Loving You

Visit

"I still can't believe Enrique Iglesias is Satia's father. Hell, I still can't believe that you even know him and I got to meet him!"

"Yeah, its real awesome," I said dryly.

"Maybe not to you, but..." I glared at her. "Alright, sorry. I forget. He's just so--"

"Sexy? Hot? Bedroom material? Yes, I know Angelina."

"Sorry. So...what are you going to do?"

"With what?"

"Not with what. With who. What are you going to do with him and Satia?"

"I guess I'm going to let him see her," I said with a sigh. "Its not fair that she doesn't get to know her father. Or he doesn't get to know her."

"That's the loving mother I know," Angelina said, smiling.

"I mean...I'm not going to ask him for money like most other's would. Taking advantage of him like that..."

"And that's the independent bitch, I know." I narrowed my eyes. "Sorry. Continue."

"I just don't know what to do," I finished, slumping down in the chair beside her.

"I think you're on the right track," she told me. "I think Enrique and Satia should build a father-daughter bond. And I'm not saying that just to be an obsessed fan of his either."

"You can have him," I said. "But...what if he does build this relationship with her and he just leaves again? He won't be hurting me. He'll be hurting her. I don't want that to happen."

Angelina sighed and ran a hand through her beautiful black hair. "I can't say he will, but he may surprise you. He may be a really good papá to her."

I nodded.

"But if he does break her little heart, so help me God, I will help you kill him."

|

I opened the door and Enrique stepped inside. He let out a long breath.

"Thanks for inviting me over."

I nodded. "I thought it best that Satia get to know you better."

I looked behind him and he turned to see Satia sitting on the floor, coloring and paying no attention to us. Enrique turned back to me and I saw actual fear in his eyes.

"I have no idea what to do."

It took every ounce of my will power not to smile at his helplessness. "Just be her friend."

He opened his mouth, closed it, and then opened it again. "Rosin...how--"

"Just talk to her. You can do it." I gave him a small, confident-building smile and he sighed and went to sit down beside her.

She looked up at him and smiled; he smiled back. He looked at her picture and she lifted it up for him to see. He smiled again and complimented her on it which made her face brighten.

I relaxed and went to the kitchen where Rosa was dumping chopped bell peppers into a pan.

"I think you're loco for letting him in," she said testily.

"Rosa, you know this is what's best for Satia."

"And what if she gets to know him and he leaves her like he left you?"

"I've thought of that!" I said. "He won't . He promised."

Rosa shook her head and started chopping another pepper ferociously. "I don't understand you Americans..." she grumbled.

"Be civil," I said shortly. "He's staying for dinner."

|

Dinner was tense. Enrique didn't say much and threw furtive glances at Rosa who was being everything but subtle of her feelings on him being there. He looked at me and I shrugged. Satia, however, was chowing down happily and seemed not at all worried that her nanny might have attacked her father over the table.

"Enrique?" Satia asked softly.

Enrique looked over at her from under his black bangs. "Yes, Satia?"

"Are you really my papí?"

"Yes, Satia, I am really your papí," he answered.

Rosa humphed and I shot her a glare. She widened her my eyes like "what?".

The rest of dinner was quiet and Enrique decided he should head home.

"Thanks for coming," I said quietly, leaning against the door.

"I had fun," he said and I saw the sincerity in his eyes. "She's beautiful."

I nodded.

"Enrique!" Satia cried, running towards him.

"What?" Enrique yelled back in a high-pitched voice to copy her's.

She stopped by me and grinned at him. "You'll be back, right?"

He squatted down next to her. "Only if you want me to."

"Yes!"

"Alright! I'll be back! Talk with your mamá about it."

"Yay!" Satia squealed and lunged forward to hug him around the neck.

Enrique hugged her back and looked up at me. I pretended to be studying the hallway wall.

This was going to be taking some getting used to.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story reached TWO STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I thought this was going to fail a little while ago.

More comments? They make my day! :D

Special Thanks to:
WhitneySheree
DreamingNseeing

Comments? Subscriptions? Love?