Status: Complete. <3

Tonight I'm Loving You

Worry

Satia let out a string of giggles as I pushed her on the swing, causing my smile to grow. She did that to people. Her charm pushed any bad feelings away and her smile was contagious. She was a lot like her father. A charismatic personality with an angel's smile. It was a big, flashing warning sign.

Even if Enrique knew that I was the one that had cared for Satia her entire life, what if he decided to be a selfish bastard and thought he was more financially legitiment in raising her? I'd heard of that. The thought terrified me.

"Mamá?"

I jerked back to the present and looked down at my baby. Instead of swinging, she was staring up at me. "Yeah, sweetie?"

"Are you okay?" she asked.

I smiled reassuring at her. "Of course. I was just thinking."

"About Enrique?"

"Yeah...you could say that," I said softly.

"Do you love him?"

My eyes snapped to her. "Where'd you get that idea?" My voice was a little harsher than I planned.

"Because. You look at him like you do."

"I don't do that. You're not even supposed to know anything about that yet!"

"Just because I'm six doesn't mean I don't." She crossed her arms and looked up at me defiantly. "Enrique says he loves you."

Her attitude made me back a step, but that sentence made my brain freeze for a moment. "Um...Well...He didn't mean it."

"Yes, he did."

"Do you want to go home?" I threatened, putting on my best Mom's-pissed-so-be-quiet look.

She turned back in her swing. "No," she said. "Can we go on the merry-go-round?"

I sighed at how easy my daughter was to manipulate. "Yes," I said. I took her hand and lead her over to the twirling mechanism.

We spun around for nearly fifteen minutes and the comment on Enrique was forgot. By her at least. However, what Satia said bothered me. Enrique, honestly, could not still love me. That was not even a possibility.

Back at the apartment, I fiddled with my papers, contemplating if calling Angela for guidance was the best idea.

I dropped my head into my folded arms and groaned. What was wrong with me? Why was I worrying about it? It was something Satia said, not something he'd told me personally. I had no reason to feel that way. I had no feelings so why should it be worrying me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the shortness. Next chapter will be longer. And better. ;) I just had to fill in the gap.

Special thanks to:
Lipstick Lullaby
Whitney Salvatore

Comments? Subscriptions? Love?