Status: Completed :)

Love Game

Tragedy

Cate's P.O.V.

I leaned against Jacoby, laughing, as we walked out of the restaurant. Sasha’s glare told me that I need to get out of there fast and that I’d been getting hell later. I didn’t care though. This was for her own good. I led Jacoby to my car and motioned for him to get in.

“Sasha’s going to kill me,” I said with a chuckle as I turned the car on.

“Is that if they don’t get together?” Jacoby asked.

“It’s either way. If they do, she’ll bring me back to life. If they don’t, she’ll bring me back just to kill me again.” He chuckled.

“So where to, pretty lady?”

“I’m thinking we go to the diner down the street because I’m hungry.”

“Sounds good,” he said with a smile. I smiled in return and put the car in drive, heading in the direction of the diner I had mentioned. He placed his hand on my leg. Damn, it felt good to be near him again. Touring was going to be absolute hell for me since I couldn’t tag along. I frowned. Maybe it wouldn’t be that much of a problem. If he noticed my expression, he didn’t comment.

Once the waitress had brought us our food, I decided to face facts and confront him about this whole situation, even if I didn’t want to hear the truth.

“Coby,” I said solemnly. He looked up, obviously confused.

“What’s up, Jordana?”

“Can you answer me a question honestly?”

“What is it?”

“Who was that girl with you at that album party?” He stared in shock, guilt evident on his face. I closed my eyes, forcing back the tears.

“I didn’t want you to find out this way,” he said.

“Find out what exactly?” I asked, voice steady.

“I don’t want to hurt you.”

“Just tell me who she is, Jacoby.” He sighed.

“Her name’s Jess. She’s my girlfriend.”

“For how long?”

“Two years.” I took a deep breath.

“So you’ve been using me to cheat on her?”

“It’s not like that, baby.”

“Then what is it?”

“I really do love you, Jordana.”

“So why in the hell are you with her?”

“I haven’t seen her face to face since I got with you. She doesn’t visit me like you do.”

“You saw her at the party.”

“Not the time to break up with your girlfriend.”

“So are you actually going to break up with her or just string me along?”

“I’m breaking up with her. I swear. Just give me time, baby.”

“How much time?” I demanded. “How much longer are you going to do this?”

“Not much, I swear. She’ll be back in town next week. I’ll do it then.” I stood up, and he grabbed my wrist.

“Sit down, Jordana,” he begged. “Let’s just talk about this.”
“Not now,” I said, tears now falling freely down my face. “I can’t right now. I can’t talk about this. I don’t even know what the fuck to think right now.”

“Jordana.” I shook my head.

“Let’s give it a few days. Then we’ll talk.” He sighed and nodded in defeat, letting go of me. I walked away, heading straight for my car and went home.

The next morning, I tiredly walked into the kitchen, screaming in horror and shielding my eyes. I hadn’t expected to walk in on Sasha sitting on the counter with Jared standing in front of her as they made out.

“You know those rules apply to you too, sweetheart,” I snapped at my best friend.

“No they don’t,” she argued with a grin. “I made the rule that none of the rules apply to me.” I rolled my eyes.

“So good night last night?” I asked.

“You bet,” Jared replied, placing a kiss on Sasha’s cheek.

“It was terrific so I won’t kill you,” Sasha said. “Thanks, Cate.” I smiled at her.

“You’re welcome.”

“So how’d it go for you and Jacoby?” The look on my face made her give me a sympathetic expression. “What happened?”

“He’s been dating this Jess girl for two years.”

“What?” Jared asked, completely shocked.

“He’s been cheating on her with me. He said he’s breaking up with her as soon as he sees her again.”

“Cate, I’m sorry,” Jared said. “I didn’t even know about this other girl. He’s only talked about you the whole tour.”

“It’s fine,” I replied. “We’re going to talk things over in a couple of days after the facts settle in.”

“I’m really sorry, Cate,” Sasha said. I smiled.

“What? No I told you so?” She shook her head.

“No because I was stupid enough to believe he was a good guy for you.” I shrugged.

“Maybe this can still work,” I said. I wanted it to work so badly it hurt. I'd be lying if I said I didn't.

“Maybe,” she said, but I knew she didn’t think it would really work. I took a bagel and walked out of the room, not wanting to feel the pity. My own self pity was enough. Damn tragedy for fucking up my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song for this chapter: "Tragedy" by Hell Or Highwater.

So now she knows for sure. Next chapter's going to be intense. Just saying. Actually, the next few chapters will be.

Thanks to Squeak and bloodyvengenace for commenting.