Status: Completed :)

Love Game

Medicine For You

Cate's P.O.V.

Six months now. I was slowly pulling out of my funk, but not really. I was eating a bit more now, sometimes even without Sasha forcing me to eat. One of the things that really helped was when Jared would stop by because he had this personality that you couldn’t be sad around.

I still wasn’t sleeping like I should though. Maybe two hours a night, if I was lucky. I always cried myself to sleep, and I always dreamed about him. Sometimes it was a good dream, but I woke up because I missed him too much. Other times, I was remembering the times he’d made me cry. Those were easier to deal with though because they made me remember that I made a good decision walking away.

I put on a pair of sweat pants and a tank top, deciding I would go for a run. Running every morning helped me somewhat, at least for a little while. Can’t be sad when endorphins are coursing through your body.

An hour later, I stopped by the apartment building’s mail room, picking up the mail from mine and Sasha’s mailbox. I didn’t bother looking through until I got to the apartment.

Sasha was already up, cooking breakfast. She smiled at me as I sat at the island, and I gave a small one in return before flipping through the mail.

“Bills, bills, bills,” I said, flipping through each envelope. “Sash, they’re all for you,” I whined.

“Geez, thanks,” she said sarcastically.

“What’s this?” I asked, noticing an envelope addressed to me.

“Hmm?”

“I don’t know.” I opened it up and pulled out the paper inside. An invitation, fancy too. I read the information. “I don’t believe this,” I said.

“What is it?” Sasha asked.

“It’s a wedding invitation. Jacoby sent me an invitation to his fucking wedding. What the hell is wrong with that bastard?”

“Let me see.” I handed her the invitation, glad it was out of my hands. What the hell was he thinking doing this? Did he want to drive the stake further in my heart? Did he enjoy the fucking pain I felt?

“It’s in two weeks,” Sasha noted.

“Why send it?” I asked. “I already knew he chose her over me. So why send it?”

“I don’t know,” she said softly before adding, “but maybe you should go.” I stared at her dumbfounded.

“You’re kidding right?”

“No, I’m serious. Maybe seeing him one last time, knowing that it’s over will help you out. Maybe it’s a stupid idea, but I think you need it.”

“Sasha, are you insane?” She shrugged.

“You need something to help you get over him. Maybe this is the medicine, you know? Just think about it,” she replied, handing me a plate of bacon and walking out of the kitchen.

Was she right? Would seeing Jacoby get married help me out? I thought about it. Last I knew, Jacoby was only marrying her because she was pregnant, not because he loved her. It was going to be a horrible marriage, but he chose to do it.

Maybe I should go. Maybe he was in love with Jess and was happy to marry her. Knowing he was happy, might make me feel better. I mean, when you love someone, you want them to be happy, right? Even if it’s not with you?

I stood up and walked to Sasha’s room, knowing that was where she went. She looked up as me as I came to sit beside her on her bed.

“Sash, if I go, will you go with me?” I asked. “Make me keep my mouth shut so I don’t say something stupid and ruin the whole thing?”

“Of course,” she replied. “We’ll need to get dresses to wear though.”

“I think I can manage that.” I hugged her. “Thanks.”

“No problem. I love you, Cate.”

“Love you too, Sasha.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Song for this chapter: "Medicine For You" by The Downtown Fiction.

Chapter's a little short. I know. I'm sorry. Next chapter's longer, and I'm sure you guys will enjoy it. :D Only two chapter left though. *Tear* I'm sad now.

Thanks to the following for commenting:
bloodyvengeance
Squeak
lixie_iceninekiller


You three rock! Have a cookie! :D