Status: Completed :)

Love Game

No Matter What

1 Year Later

Jacoby walked in through the front door of the house we’d bought here in L.A., plopping down on the couch beside me. He gave me a kiss as he pulled me in his arms.

“So how’s the love of my life and mother of my unborn child?” he asked, placing a hand on my five month pregnant belly. I giggled.

“I’m okay now that you’re here.” He grinned and gave me another kiss.

“How’d it go at the doctor’s?”

“You would know if you were there. You’d also know the sex.”

“You know?” he asked, getting excited. I nodded. “Is it a boy? Is it a girl? Tell me.” I laughed at him. I swear he could be a kid most of the time.

“You would know if you had gone. You’ll have to wait until the baby’s born.”

“Is that how you’re playing it?” He asked. I nodded. “Alright, well, I can play too.” I was about to ask how when he pressed me back against the couch and started tickling me.

“Jacoby, stop!” I shouted through giggles, but he didn’t. “Stop! I lied! I don’t know the sex!” He paused, eyeing me cautiously.

“You sure?” I nodded.

“I had the doctor write it on the sonogram so I could find out with you.” He grinned.

“So where is it?” he asked, getting excited again. I reached under the couch cushion and pulled out the manila envelope. I pulled out the sonogram, cuddling into his side. “Boy” was written on the top in blue marker, and we both grinned.

“I guess we’ve got a little boy in here,” I said.

“He’ll be a looker just like his mom,” he said, pressing a kiss to my temple.

“And a player like his dad.” He chuckled, wrapping his arm tighter around me. I spent the next little while pointing out the features of our son. The head, the feet. He was fascinated. I could tell he was excited about this, and I knew he’d be an excellent dad.

Sasha and Jared stopped by for a little while. They’d just gotten back from their honeymoon and were excited about the baby. They stayed long enough to celebrate our news with Jacoby’s band mates. After dinner, we sat together on the couch, and I ended up falling asleep, resting on his chest.

“Sleep well?” Jacoby asked when I woke up a couple of hours later.

“You could have woke me up,” I said.

“I like watching you sleep,” he replied, kissing my forehead.

“Still,” I sighed. That was when I looked at the hand I had resting on his chest. And then I saw the ring sitting on my third finger.

“Something wrong?”

“What’s this?” I asked, waving the ring in his face.

“It’s an engagement ring,” he replied, enunciating each word like I was stupid.

“But isn’t there a question that’s supposed to come with this?”

“Why ask when I know what the answer’s going to be?” I laughed.

“You’re so cocky.” He lifted my head and kissed me.

“I love you, Jordana.”

“I love you, too, Coby.”

“And you’ll be mine forever? No matter what?”

“No matter what,” I replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song for this chapter: "No Matter What" by Papa Roach.

And so ends the story of Cate and Jacoby. Everyone got their happy ending! Yay! I'm kind of sad this story's over though. Thanks to everyone who's commented, read, and subscribed to this story!

Thanks to the following for commenting on the last update:
bloodyvengeance
lixie_iceninekiller