Status: Completed :)

Love Game

Bother

Cate's P.O.V.

It’s been two months since Jacoby and I had become a couple. We talked on the phone every day since but had only seen each other in person twice because of my busy schedule. And even though the phone was better than nothing, I still missed him like hell.

The phone started ringing while Sasha and I sat in the kitchen eating breakfast. We both looked at each other, trying to decide who was going to have to answer it.

“I’m going grocery shopping,” she said, getting up and rinsing her plate. I sighed, knowing that meant I had to do it.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Sasha?” a male voice responded.

“This is Cate. And you are?”

“Oh, Cate, hey. How are you?”

“Fine, but I still don’t know who you are.” He laughed.

“Sorry, it’s Jared.” I furrowed my eyebrows. Why was he calling? It’d been two months since he and Sasha had hooked up. Sasha noticed my look and asked who it was. “Jared,” I mouthed. Her eyes widened, and she hurried out of the kitchen. What the hell was with her? “I finally managed to get Jacoby to give me this number. He thought I had been asking to talk to you.”

“You want to talk to Sasha?” I asked.

“Yeah, is she there?”

“Yeah, hold on,” I said, walking to the doorway. “Sasha!” I called. “Sash, it’s for you!” She didn’t say anything, but I heard the front door slam shut. Okay, something was up here. I put the phone back to my mouth. “She just left, Jared. Do you want her to call you back?”

“Please,” he said a little too eagerly. He told me the number, and I wrote it down.

“I’ll let her know you called,” I said.

“Thanks, Cate. This means a lot.”

“No problem. Bye Jared.”

“Bye.” I hung up the phone. Okay, so what the hell was going on? Sasha’s acting weird, and Jared’s calling even though Sasha said that they wouldn’t be seeing each other again. She had a lot to answer for.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when the phone rang again, this time a number I was familiar with. I answered the phone, thoughts of Sasha and Jared forgotten.

“Hey, Coby,” I chirped.

“Hey, baby. You busy?”

“Nah, I’m home alone right now.”

“Phone sex?” he asked eagerly.

“No, Sasha banned that after the last incident.”

“Fuck,” he groaned. “I miss you so much, baby.”

“Me too, but I’ll see you in a couple of days.”

“Yeah,” he said, a naughty tone in his voice. I could just see his smirk. “And you’ll be with me for a week.”

“Even better,” I replied.

“Sasha coming?”

“No, said she’s got something to do.”

“That’s too bad. Jared’s been wanting to see her.” I bit my lip, wanting to hold back my comment. “He called yet?”

“Yeah, just did, but Sasha’s out.”

“Oh well, as long as she calls him back. Everyone’s a little annoyed with him because he keeps talking about her.”

“Huh,” I said. “Sounds a lot like what I was hearing from your band a month ago when I came to see you.”

“Shut up, Jordana.” I laughed.

“You know I love you, Coby.”

“I love you, too. And I really need to fuck you bad.”

“Can you last two more days?”

“Maybe. I might just explode from all these sexual needs building up inside of me.”

“Shut up, doofus.”

“That hurts, Jordana.”

“Yeah, well, you’re acting completely idiotic.”

“Only because I need you, baby.”

“Oh, please,” I scoffed. “You don’t need me.”

“It’s not much fun by myself.” I rolled my eyes. “And don’t you dare roll those eyes.”

“Too late. I already did.”

“I’d say something, but it’d be a little too much for me to handle. So instead, I’ll wait until you get here.” I laughed.

“God, I miss you.”

“I miss you, too, baby. I’ve got to go. Talk to you later, alright?”

“Yeah, I love you.”

“Love you too.” And he hung up. I sighed. Damn, I really needed to see him. Even though I made fun of him about his horniness, I was just as horny as he was (but I’d never admit that to him).

I decided to go and finish packing my clothes for my week with Jacoby since I still had a little time to spare before my hair appointment, which I had made for a re-dye since the red was beginning to fade a little.

Fifteen minutes later, the door opened and shut, signaling that Sasha was home. I ran to the kitchen to find her putting up groceries. She noticed the piece of paper on the counter.

“What’s this?” she asked.

“Jared’s number,” I replied. “He wants you to call him.”

“Huh,” she said, balling it up and throwing it in the trash can.

“Why’d you do that?”

“Why shouldn’t I?”

“Okay, Sasha, what is up with you?”

“I just don’t want to talk to him, okay?”

“Why?”

“Well, for one thing, it’s been two months, and he’s just now calling?”

“He’s been trying to get the number from Jacoby, but he just now got it.”

“Whatever. Besides, I told you that it wouldn’t work out.”

“You’re acting too weird, Sasha.”

“Can you just leave it alone, Cate? It’s my decision. Can you respect that?”

“Of course, I can, Sash.”

“Then do me a favor, and if Jared asks about me, just tell him I’m not interested. And stay out of it. You don’t need to bother with this.”

“Alright, but you have to promise to tell me what’s going on between you two.”

“Eventually,” she allowed. “But you need to forget about me, so that you can focus on your man candy.” I grinned.

“He so wouldn’t appreciate being called that.”

“Why? That’s what he is.”

“I know, and don’t think I won’t let him know that either.” She laughed.

“Just spare me the details please.”

“No promises because you know I love talking about sex.” She sighed.

“Fine.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Song for this chapter: "Bother" by Stone Sour

Jacoby's a bit of a horn dog haha. Why's Jared calling? Any guesses? Anyone a bit surprised?

Thanks to bloodyvengeance for commenting. Maybe some more of you guys want to comment? Also thanks to all of my 15 subscribers for reading this story.

P.S. I have a new Synyster Gates story up called The Monster In You. Check it out if you're an A7X fan.