Status: Work in Progress

Secrets from the Vardin: Arlea

Chapter 3

"So you going to stand here and yell at roots and me all day or you going somewhere???"

"Shut up Hartly. You know I don't mean it when I yell at you"

She gave him a smile and took his hand. Giving him the most serious face she could she continued, "Unfortunately we are the only ones of our age so we have to be best friends, who would I hang out with if I was mad at you???"

Hartly laughed. "You know, you should be serious more often. That serious look suits you."

"Naw! I wouldn't have any fun if I was serious all the time. Anyways, lets go do something fun."

Hartly sighed, "Would love to but you know we cannot. We have to go back to the Circle. The High Elder is waiting and he is not happy."

"Well he can wait forever for all I care. Who is he to tell me who my father is or isn't?!?!?!"

"Lea this is important. your life is about to change forever and you need to be prepared."

Arlea grabbed Hartly by the shoulders, "What do you know that you aren't telling me?"

"I cannot tell you. Only the High Elder can. I swore an oath. I cannot break it."

"Screw the oath!!! Come on Hartly, this is me."

Hartly sighed, " I am sorry Lea, but even if I wanted to tell you I cannot. I am physically unable to tell you. Come back to the Elder's Circle. The High Elder will explain everything."

Arlea gave Hartly a glare and the sighed. " Fine, but if the High Elder tries to tell me I am not Vardin. I swear I will punch him in the nose."

Hartly laughed as he put his arm around her, "Now that is something I would like to see. "
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry that its short but please continue to read my story
comments and critiques are much appreciated
<3
hippiecolor