Status: Completed!

Like Phantoms Forever

Desert Sky

I clunked as fast as I could from my office to my room, where I could hear the phone ringing.
“Hello?” I said, opening it.
“Hey, Emmy, its Cody, Cody Raschella.” He sounded nervous.
“Hi.” I smiled, even though he couldn’t see me.
“How are you feeling?”
“Still casted, but all the bumps and bruises have healed.”
“That’s good. So listen, I was wondering if maybe….you’d wanna go out to dinner with me tonight?”
“My leg is still in Day-Glo purple cast, just as a warning.”
“I’m rather partial to purple Day Glo.”
“Then I’d love to go.” He told me he’d pick me up around 7 and we hung up.
“Wes!” I yelled, hobbling to the door.
“You rang?” She poked her head out of her door. The guys had all gone to the studio so it was just us in the house.
“I have a date tonight.”
“With who?”
“With the guy that pulled the motorcycle off me when I crashed.”
“He cute?”
“Adorable. And he’s taking me to dinner tonight, so I’m gonna need your help with the bath tub again.” Bathing with a cast was such a pain in the ass. I had to get into a bathing suit, put a plastic trash bag on my cast and then have Wes hold it out of the water while I washed myself.
“Are you sure dating this guy is a good idea?” Wes said, both arms wrapped around my casted leg.
“Why wouldn’t it be?”
“He could be an axe murderer.”
“He saved my life and I haven’t gone on a date in ages.” I didn’t want to tell her exactly how long, because it was fucking pathetic. She still looked worried, even when I was about to leave. Gerard had called me earlier to tell me they were working late and wouldn’t be home for dinner, leaving Wes home alone until one of us got back.
The door bell rang and Wes opened the door.
“You must be Cody.” She didn’t sound thrilled to see him.
“Yep.” He spotted me behind Wes, hobbling over to the door. “You look great Emmy.”
“Compared to the last time you saw me, definitely.” I giggled. “I’ll call you when we’re on our way back, kay Wes?”
“Be safe.” She said, squeezing my hand as I walked past her.
So we went to this little Chinese food place for dinner. I watched him fumble with chopsticks until he finally got the hang of it and we ate so much good food my stomach ached afterwards.
The company was good too. He had an easy laugh and seemed to get my sense of humor. He was a good guy, overall. I was laughing at something he’d said when I saw a familiar blonde head working its way across the restaurant, trying and failing to be inconspicuous.
“What the hell are you doing here Mikey?” I hissed when he got close enough.
“Wes sent me.” He looked ecstatic to be here.
“I’m going to kill her.” I muttered. “Cody, this is Mikey. Mikey, Cody.” Luckily the bill came right then so I didn’t have the chance to stab Mikey with the chopsticks.
He followed us in the rental car the entire way home.
“I’m going to kill him.” I seethed.
“He’s looking out for you.” Points to Cody for trying to smooth things over.
“He’s my ex-boyfriend. I doubt he’s trying to take care of me.”
“Then I’ll pretend I never knew that you were going to commit a murder.” I couldn’t help but laugh at that. We pulled into my driveway while Mikey parked on the street. I could see him getting out and walking over to Cody’s car so I leaned over and kissed Cody.
He was a little surprised at first, but by the time Mikey got to the passenger side door he was kissing me back.
“See you later.” I grinned at him and got out of the car, ignoring the stormy look on Mikey’s face as I practically pranced into the house.
I waited for Cody to drive down the street before I turned to Mikey.
“How fucking DARE you show up on my date!” I whirled to face Wes. “And how dare you send him?”
“I didn’t.” She said, holding up her hands. “I told him you were on a date and he said he had to go get something.”
“You are a complete asshole.” I said, turning to face Mikey again. “Do you see me interfering with your relationship? No, because I’m not a complete asshole!” I started to head up the stairs when I realized that there was someone missing. “Where’s Bob?”
“He left.” Gerard said. “Things weren’t working out.”
“Oh.” I would miss him. “Did he get all his things?”
“Yeah, I think so.” Ray said. “I’ll check in a little bit.”
“I’m going to bed. Good night everyone.” I headed up the stairs and changed into pajamas, still steaming mad about Mikey.
The hopeless romantic part of me wanted to believe that he didn’t want to see me with another guy because he still had feelings for me.
Then I remembered Alicia and kicked the hopeless romantic half in the shins.
♠ ♠ ♠
[Emmy
Okay, from now on all titles will be from Demolition Lovers. Sorry about the late update, I couldn't get it written yesterday.