We Live Such Fragile Lives

We Live Such Fragile Lives

I hate high school parties, I really do. I only came to this because Alex wanted to go, and well there would be alcohol. That’s always a bonus.

It’s a Friday night around nine o’clock and I’m sitting in the living room of someone I don’t know and talking to people I don’t care about. Alex is sitting to my right, nodding along with the conversation, he looks happy. I’m glad I could play a part in that; I’d do anything for Alex. I don’t think he realises that.

I feel a tug on my arm and look round to him.

“Jack, do you want to dance with me?” Alex asked, looking sheepish.

I blinked up at him. Of course I would love to dance with him, not wanting to seem to over eager and scare him away I simply smiled and nodded.

He took my hand and led me towards the make shift dance floor. As we got there a slow song came on. I mentally thanked every god that came to mind. Alex smiled at me, locking his hazel eyes with mine. He wrapped his arms around my neck. I hesitantly placed my hands on his slim hips.

We stared swaying to the music, wrapped up in our own bubble. As the song went on Alex moved closer to my and rested his head on my shoulder. I could hear him quietly singing along with the music.

I squeezed his hips slightly and he raised his head to look at me. Leaning forward I put our foreheads together, the tips of our noses brushing gently. Alex closed his eyes. His lips were an inch from my own; I could just lean in and kiss him…

The song suddenly changed, the melodic song replaced by a something with a more upbeat tempo.I flinched, I had managed to forget where we were. I was so lost in our own world. That perfect world where I was going to kiss Alex.

Alex opened his eyes and looked at me, a smirk on his lips. He took his arms from around my neck but made no move to step to far away from me. Instead he took hold of one of my hands pulled me away from the mass of people, keeping me close.

“Do you want to go somewhere?” Alex asked me, the sheepish look replaced by a suggestive smirk.

I gulped, “Where?”

“There are empty rooms upstairs.” His eyes flickered from my eyes to my lips and back again.

“Oh.” Was all I could manage to choke out. Was he serious, did Alex really like me? Maybe he was drunk.

Alex chuckled and walked through the door and up the stairs, Pushing his way past couples flirting and making out on the way. I followed like the lovesick puppy I am.

He reached for the closest door and opened it to an empty room. Alex reached out and pulled me in, kicking the door closed behind us and pushing me up against it roughly.

His lips were on my own instantly, I was shocked but it passed quickly. I kissed him back for all I was worth.

His tongue swiped along my bottom lips, I gasped quietly and Alex let out a breathy laugh. In the next second our tongues touched, there was no fight for dominance. I would give Alex whatever he wanted.

He explored my mouth. When his tongue skimmed over the roof of my mouth I shivered. Alex pulled back and looked at me, the smirk replaced by a genuine smile.

I ducked my head down and rested it on his shoulder.

“Umm… Alex, I, uh I think that I may possibly be in with love you.” I mumbled in to the soft material of his blue shirt. When he didn’t respond I looked up at him, he was grinning down at me, his cute dimples showing. He was so god damn adorable sometimes.

“I think I may possibly be in love with you to Jack.” He said, those words made my day. Screw that, they made my life.

He bent down to kiss me again when I had a sudden thought.

“People in school aren’t going to handle us going out to well.” I said, chewing on my bottom lip, I was teased enough as it was. It was tall, awkward and quite dim at times. I think Alex understood what I meant.

“Well then, it’ll just have to be our little secret.” He brushed our lips together and I had to suppress another shiver. “I’ll keep you my dirty little secret…” He sang against my lips. Chuckling quietly to himself, I loved his laugh. It’s perfect.

He’s perfect.

I tilted my head up slightly and kissed him with everything I had. Pulling him down on top of me on the bed.