Status: Active

The Eragon Adventure

Chapter 1: Things on Icenia’s Mind

Icenia walk through the forest of Du Weldenvarden. Aquasari padded beside her. The forest was peaceful; the only sounds were their footsteps and the birds singing in the trees. A slight breeze whispered through the treetops.

Icenia was lost in thought. Murtagh would be completing his training soon. She had been keeping an eye on his progress by talking to Oromis and asking him when she came to see him once every few weeks. He had been doing well and progressed rapidly. It was true that time was of the essence but much of it was just natural. Icenia was proud of him. She wanted to give him something but couldn’t decide what. This was one of many things that weighed on her mind.

Another was what would they be doing now? She knew they would be fighting against the Empire. Would they be split up or could they work together? She hoped for the latter. It was obvious that they worked well together. That seemed the wisest choice. And then there was the fact she just liked being near him.

That brought her to the next thing that played at her mind. Now that his training was over he could take her as his mate. That was if he still wanted her. There was no question for her; she still wanted him greatly. If he’d been having a tough day she would go see him that evening and put him at ease. She could tell he still felt something, but was it as strong as ever?

Icenia sighed.

*You have too much on your mind, Ice*, Aquasari commented.

*There’s a lot going on Sari. So many unanswered questions and unknowns*

*Well there are a few things that are not unknown, you are just being too foolish to see them*, the dragon said frankly.

*Oh? Like what? *

*Well for one, he will be happy with what ever you choose. Two, I think you have nothing to worry about regarding his affection. He does not seem like the type to let a small thing like time diminish how he feels. Me thinks if nothing else it may have only increased his eagerness*, she said with amusement.

*How can you be so sure? *

Aquasari let out and exasperated sigh. *Are you blind as a cave newt? It is obvious in the way he behaves towards you. I’m sure the only reason he has not tried to crawl all over you like you two did was because he was respecting you wishes about not distracting him*, she explained hoping it would finally sink through Icenia’s think head. There was also the fact that Thorn had told her but it was still evident. It never ceased to amaze her how someone so smart could be so down right blind sometimes. The dragon didn’t really find it frustrating, but more of a strange, amusing annoyance.

*That still doesn’t tell me anything*, she replied.

Aquasari just shook her head. The elf wouldn’t believe it until he convinced her. But that was to be expected. There had been a few times when a male had done something similar and had hurt her. She couldn’t blame her friend. Murtagh, though, was not that kind of man. They both knew it but Icenia was just being safe.

The two continued in content silence until they reached the house. As she went through the trapdoor a memory hit her. She smiled as it played through her head.

{Icenia and Murtagh were sitting in his main room talking and laughing. He had just told a particularly funny joke and she was trying to catch her breath. When she finally sighed and looked at him he looked happy.

“Oromis is calling me the Phoenix now”, he said proudly.

“I can understand why”, she replied. He fit the name perfectly. Phoenixes were noble birds that supposedly caught fire at the end of their lives and were reborn from the ashes. Which is of course what he’d done.

“I like the name. It symbolizes that I’m not the same as I once was, that I am a new man now”, he smiled.

“Ironically they also are associated with fire which happens to be red”, she chuckled looking at Thorn.

“I never thought about that”.

“He’s right. You are a Phoenix”, she smiled at him and he returned it.}

Icenia liked that memory. Then it hit her what to give him

*You were thinking about the time he told us about what Oromis calls him? *, Aquasari said as more of a statement than a question.

She nodded. The dragon snorted with amusement.

*You are truly in love with him*, she noted.

*Yes*, she admitted.

*By all that is holy! She admits it! * Sari laughed.

Icenia laughed and stuck her tongue out at her.

*You might want be careful how much you do that. Murtagh might just bite that off and I shall laugh*, she laughed.

*Sari! *, laughed Icenia.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back!!!!!!! What do you all think?