Status: Active

The Eragon Adventure

Chapter 11: What Troubles You, My Love?

Icenia was kneeling over the Heart of Hearts talking to Oromis and Glaedr. They wanted them to send Brom to them so he could heal better. Because of them wards they would go to the edge of the forest to get him. Icenia told her friends the orders. Eragon was far from pleased. She couldn’t tell him where the orders came from which only made things worse. In the end there was nothing he could do. By the time they had sent Brom that evening Icenia was getting irritated with Eragon. She realized he didn’t know what all was going on but Saphira trusted them, why couldn’t he? Zysali was getting frustrated with them both. Murtagh was oddly quiet. It worried Icenia. She would talk to him about it when they started off the next day.

They were well on their way to Gil’ead. Icenia sat on her spotted war stallion Malatria, which meant War Dancer. He was a levelheaded stallion that she had raised from birth. So he had no problems with Tornac, in fact they’d even spent some time together back when Drelrath had owned the big grey. Tornac was built like any other warhorse, big and powerful. Malatria was a bit smaller; Icenia hadn’t wanted him quite so big.

She saw Murtagh up ahead of them, riding alone. Icenia trotted up beside him.

“What troubles you, my love?” she asked him.

“Nothing. I’m fine,” he said quietly.

*We both know I can tell when something is bothering you, * she told him.

*I know…* he sighed

*Then what is troubling you? *

*I’m unsure about this plan to go to the Varden, * he said slowly.

*Why? *

*Someone is bound to recognize me. We both know the welcoming I shall receive when they realize who I am, * he looked down with a slightly scowl upon his face.

*You are a Rider. It would be most unwise to deny you entrance. On top of that you are my mate. We both know it’s especially unwise to anger me, * she smiled at him.

She got a smirk back. *This is true. *

*Then why do you worry? * she asked.

*Because what if…my parentage is still too much to overlook, even with all that you mentioned? The dwarves will surely have not forgotten what the Foreworn did to them. *

*They have very strict traditions regarding guests. Once we enter, they will not harm you. Any who do will be shamed. That does not mean they won’t be dangerous though. *

*Well the Varden’s leader will not look upon me very kindly. That much is certain. *

Icenia smiled. *Do not be so sure. Ajihad is a good leader. He is very wise and is a good friend of mine. Once I explain how you came to be with us he will understand. Honestly I would worry more about the dwarves. I am unsure how their king Hrothgar will react to you. He is wise also but I do not know him as well as I do Ajihad. Relations between elves and dwarves have been uneasy at best. Thankfully he comes from the same clan as my friend Orik. They are more open to Riders than some others. *

*Besides if anyone has any issues they’ll have to go through us, * Aquasari said boldly and arching her neck proudly. Thorn snorted in agreement. Small puffs of smoke rose from his nostrils.

*Thank you my friends, * Murtagh smiled at them and patted his dragon’s neck. Thorn nuzzled his head affectionately. Tornac was use to dragons so he didn’t even flinch.

Icenia wasn’t sure if Murtagh was completely sure yet but they had a long ways to go. First thing was first. They had to rescue Arya.
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG!!!!!!! Writers block on a particular story sucks!
Thanks to all who commented and who are reading this still!!!