Status: Active

The Eragon Adventure

Chapter 2: A Strange Dream and a Fight With Family

Zysali flew through the trees, her eyes on the boy in front of her. He was of medium height, built like a hunter, with blonde hair. She couldn't see his eyes, couldn't truly focus on him, but she new he was there. Running. Searching.

He stopped and she stopped just after him. He took the bow from his back, notched an arrow, and slid the arrow back, until his fingers touched his chin. He waited for the opportune moment, and then he let his fingers snap open.

Just as the arrow began to fly, a bright light blinded them both, and he cursed, falling back. Zysali stepped back in shock and then shurried forward to check on the stranger. He seemed to ignore her helping hand and stood up, walking forward toward the source of the light. Zysali followed him, offended, and they walked up and down into a fresh crater in the ground, holding a bright blue jewel in the bottom as if it were a dragon's nest.

He picked it up slowly and something inside Zysali burned. She studied this boy, this ordinary boy. He was, no doubt, the next rider. She stepped in front of him and studied his face before she pressed her fingers to his cheek. He continued studying the jewel.

With a frown, Zysali stepped back and tried to wake up. Once she had, she stepped over to her wash bowl and rinsed her face.

The water calmed and she was looking at her brother, who studied her with his cynical no-nonsense expression. Zysali frowned.

"What?"

"Stay there, Zysali," he told her. "I can't sleep well here knowing you're gone."

"Don't worry about me Talon," she chided him. "I can take care of myself."

"But you're the only family I have left."

"And you are the same to me! How do you think I felt when you went off to the army?" He was quiet. "If I go anywhere, I'll be sure to ask Icenia to come with me."

"And if she can't go?"

"Then I will ask Murtagh." His face screwed up but he said nothing about it.

"And if he is unable to help you?"

"Then I'll go by myself!" she said exsasperatedly. "Look, you can't take care of me forever. So deal with it."

"Zysali-" she waved her hand over the water and the spell ended.
♠ ♠ ♠
GTG Sorry guys =/
Hope you liked.