Status: Active

The Eragon Adventure

Chapter 3: Murtagh's Present

Murtagh welcomed Icenia and Aquasari into the house that he and Thorn shared. She was happy to see them. He swept her up in a hug as soon as she got through the trap door.

“I’m glad you’re here”, he smiled warmly.

“Well we had to come congratulate you two for completing your training”, Icenia smiled back.

*What kind of friends would we be if we didn’t come celebrate such an occasion with you two? * Aquasari added from her spot next to Thorn on his bed. Thorn had grown a lot since their training began. He was as large as Aquasari now, but then she was small and through some unknown dragon magic didn’t grow much anymore.

*It is still good to see you, all the same*, Thorn deep voice echoed through their minds. He had a deep, rich voice like Murtagh.

“Would either of you like anything to drink?” Murtagh asked going to his kitchen.

*No thanks*

“Water is fine thank you”, she replied. *And a tall drink of you*, she added mischievously in her mind. Aquasari snickered through their link.

He handed her the drink before sipping his own.

“You’ve added things”, she noted looking around the room. “It’s nice. It has a homey feeling”.

“Thanks. I forget you haven’t been here for a while. We have a study now and not just an empty room. Would you like me to show you it after dinner?” he asked.

“Sure”. Icenia reached into her pocket and pulled out a small wrapped package. “We brought you something”, she handed it to Murtagh. “Sari insisted that dragons needed nothing”.

*She is right. The kindness and friendship you have shown us is enough for me*, Thorn said warmly.

“This is beautiful, Ice!” Murtagh exclaimed holding up the necklace she’d given him. It was the glyph for phoenix that shown a deep red the same shape as Thorn’s scales and hung on a soft, black string. He put it on. It was like the one she wore for snow leopard that was blue.

“It’s the glyph for phoenix. I remembered how much you liked being called that”, she smiled

“I have not the words other than thank you, both”, he swept her up in another hug.

“You are most welcome”.

They sat down at the small, wooden table and ate the delicious meal Murtagh had already prepared for them.

“It’s been a little over a year since you rescued us from Galbatorix’s castle”, he said thoughtfully as they cleaned up.

“Really? It doesn’t feel that long”, she said thinking. Sure enough it had been.

“So much has changed”, he said.

They walked up the stairs and into his study. The room was decorated with a few hanging pictures. It had two large bookcases, a writing desk, a couch and two chairs.

“I’m a Rider living amongst the elves. I have a home and friends. I’m not an outsider anymore. And most importantly I fell in love”, he looked at her meaningfully.

Icenia’s heart skipped a beat. He loved her?

“I know it’s been a while but I still feel the same as I did that night after the feast”, he put his hands on her arms. “I still love you Icenia and I know you feel something for me. Now that my training is done we can finally be together. If you’ll have me”, he sounded as desperate as he did the night he’d told her about his scar.

Icenia’s instinct took over and she pulled his face to hers and kissed him. It startled him for a moment but he soon realized what was happening and deepened it, cupping her face in his hands. After a while she pulled back a bit and met his eyes.

“It would take a lot more to keep me from loving you”, she said softly.

He sat down in a near by chair and pulled her into his lap while wrapping his arms around her waist. Then he kissed her gently.

“Where does this leave us?” he asked after he broke the kiss.

“Where do you want it?”

“I want you at my side, as my mate, what ever you wish to call it”, he said resting his forehead against hers.

“How can I say no to that?” she smiled.

“So you will be?” he asked his eyes lit up.

“Yes”.

He kissed her enthusiastically, again and again and again.

“I love you”, he finally said.

“I love you too”, she replied.

A grin spread across his handsome face. He stroked her cheekbone with his thumb. Just being in his company made her happy. She lightly brushed her lips against his. He kissed her back and rested his hands on her hips. His tongue begged entrance, which she happily gave. They danced and explored each other. His hands began to tentatively explore her body as hers traced over the muscles of his chest and abs. Not really paying attention anymore, she settled her legs around his hips. His hands rested on her ass and thighs as his lips moved down to her neck. A light moan escaped her lips causing him to chuckle against her skin.

Just then there was a knocking at his door.

*We have more company*, Thorn said.

“Fuck!” Murtagh groaned quietly. They got up.

Icenia laughed. “Come on”.

“We will finish this later”, he whispered in her ear.

“Not tonight we won’t”, she chuckled.

“Why not?” he whined. They were making their way down stairs.

“Because it is getting late and we have to go”, she smiled sweetly at him.

“Fine”, he sighed. “But I will see you again tomorrow”.

“You better”, she smirked.

When they reached the living room Drelrath was standing there scratching Thorn and Sari in their favorite spot behind the jaw.

“I hope I’m not interrupting anything”, he smiled with a cocked eyebrow.

“Ummmm no he was just showing me his study”, Icenia laughed.

“You are a terrible liar sometimes, Ice”, he chuckled.

“How can I help you?” Murtagh smiled taking her hand.

“Ah I see now”, Drelrath said looking at their hands with a smiled. “Actually I think there’s something I can do for you”.

“How so?” Murtagh asked.

“Think of it as a gift for completing your training from a friend. I have a grey war stallion that I think you might enjoy. If he lets you ride him you can keep him”.

“Wow. Thank you”, Murtagh said shocked.

“Think nothing of it”, Drelrath shrugged. “I have few friends so the ones I do have I treat well”.

“You certainly do”, He smiled. They grasped arms.

“I should be going now. I just wanted to drop by and congratulate you”, Drelrath said heading for the door.

“Thank you. I’ll be by tomorrow to see the horse”, Murtagh said. The two guys grasped arms again before the elf left.

They stood there for a moment.

“It’s amazing how a person can go from being cursed to blessed in such a short amount of time”, Murtagh noted wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

“I’m glad you think so”, she kissed his cheek.

*I think it’s time we head home, lovebirds*, Aquasari said.

“Awe do we have to?” Icenia whined.

Murtagh and Thorn laughed.

*Yes, little one. We do*, she chuckled.

“Fine”, she sighed.

“I shall see you tomorrow”, Murtagh said kissing her forehead.

“You better”, she smiled as she climbed on Sari’s back.

Murtagh waved as she launched them out into the night
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally they say it! Hope you all like it! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE some one comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for reading!

Ice Cat