Uncharted

Late.

Waking up the next morning, it took me several minutes to realize where I was. It took me even longer to realize whose arm was currently wrapped around my midsection. Turning slowly in the arm that pinned me, I felt a small smile cross my lips as Jonny's sleeping face came into view. Leaning in, I planted a soft kiss on his forehead, trying not to wake him. As soon as I pulled away, my eyes landed on the clock that sat over his shoulder. All notions of letting Jonny sleep longer were thrown at the window as I shot myself up and climbed out of bed.

"Shit, shit, shiiiit...."

Looking around, I was trying to figure out what I needed to pick up before rushing out the door. Then it hit me, I had nothing. My keys, my phone, my car; I didn't have any of it.

"What?"

I had forgotten about Jonny until I looked over my shoulder and noticed him sitting up in bed, looking at me with worry in his eyes. Taking a deep breath, I tried to get my wits about me again. As soon as my nerves came down, I realized that I had a wicked hangover. "I'm...fine." I finally got out, rubbing my head slightly as the words come out.

"Are you sure? You don't look so hot," Jonny pointed out, getting out of bed and walking over to me.

"Hangover," I pointed out simply. He laughed a bit at me, but quickly tried to suppress it. Wrapping his arms around me, he kissed my forehead slightly. Again, I was about to be pulled into the world where nothing else seemed to matter. My eyes had just fallen shut when they shot back open. "And I have to go. I'm running so late. I haven't showered, I don't have any clothes, Sara has my keys and phone, and I have to be at the church in twenty minutes."

Looking up, I noticed Jonny's eyebrow raise. He had no idea what I was talking about.

"I have to go and plan this huge wedding," I said simply.

Those seemed like the magic words. It seemed like seconds and we were out the door. Before we reached the car, Jonny's phone was in my hand and I was quickly dialing Christine's number. Even though there was no way in hell I would get a shower in, she could bring me everything I needed, if she would answer the phone. Finally, a voice took over on the other end.

"Hello?"
"Christine! Thank god! I need your help?"
"Can you need my help later?"
"No. I'm sorry it's so early, but I really need your help?"
"What's up?"

I explained everything I need and where to meet me. As soon as I hung up the phone, my fingers were dialing another number. Sara.

"Where the hell have you been?!" Sara shouted into the phone. I have to pull it away from my ear so she didn't make my head split thanks to the noise.

"With Jonny. Will you calm your pregnant ass down?" I said with a sigh. "I'm fine. I just need my phone...and keys."
"Well I figured you were with him, since this is his number..."
"Can you not be a smart ass for like, ten seconds? Just...meet me."
"Fine."
Click.

Sighing, I handed the phone back to Jonny and slouched in my seat. How had I let this happen? This was one of the biggest weddings that the company has ever put together, and I was running late. I was almost positive that I still smelled like alcohol, my hair was a mess, and I looked like I had just had a one night stand. Worry had drenched my face as I looked out the window. The only thing that snapped me back to reality was a strong hand that fell upon my leg.

"Stop worrying." The words were soft and caring. Turning to Jonny, I forced a smile.

"I'm just not used to this," I began, rubbing my arms slightly. "I'm always on top of everything. I show up an hour before I have to be just to make sure everything looks presentable. I'm such a perfectionist that this is tearing me apart inside." I heard him sigh slightly at my words. For some reason, this made me smirk. "I'll be fine."

"You will," he reassured me. Taking my hand, he kissed it lightly with a smile.

Before I knew it, we had pulled up in front of the church. Jumping out of the car, I rushed over to Christine who stood. As she handed my bad, I gave her the biggest hug I could before thanking her and darting off in the opposite direction. Jonny was given enough time to exit the car and stand waiting for me. I felt a bit more relieved, but I still needed Sara. "I'm going to be late," were the only words out of my mouth as I looked around franticly.

"You'll be fine," he said softly, kissing me right on the lips before running his thumb over my jaw. "Go change and I'll bring everything from Sara to you . Go."

Rushing inside, I changed as quickly as possible while throwing my hair up into a presentable bun. Before I could even walk out the door of the bathroom, it opened, exposing Sara. "Here's your phone and purse," Sara said, shoving them into my arms.

"I think Jonny was going to get them," I questioned, an eyebrow raising lightly in her direction and I looked through my phone, getting more and more depresses as I read the emails and texts.

"He was, but he's talking Patrick and I just wanted to walk away. By the way, Jonny wanted me to tell you that he'll pick you up when you're done here."

"Thanks," I gave Sara a quick hug before shoving everything back into my bags and rushing into the sanctuary, praying that my absence hadn't been so easily noticed. Unfortunately for me, I was wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so so so sorry this took so long.
My life had been complete chaos for days with no end.
I'm going to try to be better about updating, but we'll see how that goes.
Hope you guys enjoy!