Uncharted

Dinner.

When my eyes finally fluttered open, I was hit by a delicious smell that I couldn't put my finger on. Instead of playing guessing games in my head, I slid myself from his bed and started towards the living room and kitchen. As soon as I reached the doorway of the kitchen, I had my breath taken right out of me. Candles were lit all around the room, and were the only source of light. A round table sat against a window with two place settings and a dozen red roses placed at its center. My mouth hung open as I tried to take in the room that now surrounded me. I was in such a daze that when Jonny stepped into view, I almost screamed.

"I didn't hear you get up," he stated, looking me over with a goofy grin. He looked tired, though that was to be expected after putting all of this together.

As his eyes trailed over me, I realized that I was highly underdressed for the occasion. My t-shirt and shorts looked so casual for such an amazing dinner. "I..I should change, shouldn't I?" I questions curiously, folding my arms over my chest quickly, feeling a little uncomfortable.

"No, no. You look fine."
"Are you sure? I mean, this dinner is so amazing, and I look like..."
"Bailey, you look perfect."

Heat flushed my face with his words. Even though he told me I looked fine, I wasn't sure I completely believed him. Dropping my arms, I let me hands play with each other in a nervous manner, though I didn't know why. I had no reason to feel anxious. This was Jonny. This was the one person I probably felt the most comfortable with in the world. It didn't take him long to pick up on my emotion though. "Take a seat," he offered, pointing towards one of the chairs, "I promise dinner is almost done."

"I didn't even know you could cook," I stated, making my way to one of the chairs and sitting down, trying to make myself a bit more comfortable.

"I get sick of eating out all the time," Jonny answered as he stirred something on the stove. I watched him for a few more minutes before he spoke again. "Did you get a good nap?"

"Yeah, yeah I did." It was much needed as well. Sleep was sometimes hard for me to get, and the fact that Jonny had allowed me to sleep for a little while was nice. "So, mister chef, what are we eating tonight?"

"Shrimp Alfredo," Jonny asked with a smile on his face.

My mouth watered slightly as the words rolled off his tongue. It had just now dawned on me that I hadn't eaten at all yet today. Adjusting slightly in my seat, I watched as Jonny brought over a pot full of the dinner he had been working on. As he set the pot on the counter, I could tell that he was just as excited about this as I was, if that was even possible. Slowly, he started to dish out our dinner. I didn't need an invitation to start digging in, and my fork hit the pasta as soon as he set my plate down. I heard him laugh at me as I took a bite.

"Hungry, huh?"

I couldn't do anything but nod at him. The pasta nearly melted in my mouth as soon as it hit my lips. Maybe it was because I hadn't eaten all day, or maybe it was because Jonny had actually cooked a meal fitting for a five star restaurant. I tried to slow down my eating and be a civilized person for at least a few minutes. Jonny sat opposite me, his plate also piled high with the delicious dinner, a smile plastered on his face. Not much was said as we both ate, me a bit more hungrily than him. When my stomach was finally full, and most of the pasta was gone, I sighed, content.

"That was wonderful. Thank you so much," I praised, grinning at the man who was sitting across the table from me.

"It's no problem," he answered, picking up his plate and reaching for mine.

"I don't think so. You cooked, I'll clean."

Getting up, I took my plate and his before taking them over to the sick. Opening up the cabinets under the sink, I desperately tried to find some soap and a sponge. Again, I heard laughter behind me. Poking my head from the cabinet, I noticed Jonny just sitting there laughing at me. "What's that for?"

"I have a dishwasher for a reason." He retorted, standing up and taking the plates again. He put them swiftly into the dishwasher before turning to me. I had stood back up, huffing a little bit that he wouldn't let me do anything. :Now don't be like that," he stated, turning to me and reading my expression. "If you want, you can scrub the pots in the morning."

"Well at least that's something," I muttered.

"I love that you're willing to help though. Amber would have eaten then said she had somewhere to be, and run out the door."

In a way, this made me feel a lot better. Little miss Amber wasn't nearly as perfect as I kept making her out to be in my mind. Leaning against the counter, I watched him for a moment before letting myself speak again. "So what else do you have planned for the night?"

"Actually, this was it."

I tried to keep myself from laughing. Dinner was wonderful, that was for sure, but I had expected him to have something else planned, though a nice, quiet evening was perfectly okay with me.

"Perfect," I said, walking over to him and kissing him softly.

Without a word, he swept me off my feet. I couldn't suppress my giggles as he carried me back into the bedroom that I had just come from. Instead of setting me softly on the bed, he sort of tossed me onto the bed, grinning down at me. I should have known better. Captain Serious wasn't being so serious tonight, and that was something I couldn't help but love about him.

"Hey," I laughed, perching myself up on my elbows and watching as he took off his shirt.

It didn't take long for him to climb into the bed next to me, wrapping the arms I had been missing for so long around me. Snuggling into him, I knew it wouldn't take long for me to fall asleep. Jonny knew this as well, giving me a soft kiss on the forehead before turning to lay on his back, flipping on the TV. With my head resting on his shoulder, I fell right back asleep, happy the day had ended on a good note.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, it's taken me forever to get this up.
There have been a million things going on, and I'm SO sorry.
I'm also sorry if this chapter is terrible. I've been writing it while sick.
I hope you guys enjoy!