Status: Active-ish

An Unwanted Love

one

I couldn’t stand it.

I really, truly couldn’t.

It was disgusting.

I glared at the girl who was so lovingly wrapped around him. It was inappropriate and just awful. No one should be able to do that. No one.

It wasn’t fair.

Too bad for her, she’s just going to lose him again.

Too bad for him, she won’t forgive him again.

No one spared me a glance as I got up; they were all too caught up in the video game, themselves or their lover. Just because I was a part of the group didn’t mean they actually cared. None of them really did, just liked the popularity that came with being seen with me. Apparently I was that sexy mysterious boy in the school or something. It ‘helped’ that my cousin, Nate, was king. Of course, when I first started last year I made him swear not to tell people we were related. I reached the top of the social hierarchy on my own, somehow, and it just increased even more once people found out Nate and me were related.

Really though, it surprised me people decided to like me. I was an asshole, plain and simple. I used people like they were condoms and threw them away just the same. I constantly made people cry, put them down, fuck, I even fought more often than not. Honestly, people are fucking idiots. Why the hell would they ever look up to me when they should, in all reality, be looking down?

I will never understand people. And I will never want to.

As I made my way out of the house I cringed on the inside from the noises coming from the bathroom. Disgusting, vile creatures. At least it was my last day in that hell hole before getting relocated to another one. As I closed the door behind me I looked warily at the street. It was dark, and cold, and I had three miles to walk.

~~*~~

“Alice! I’m home!” I called out, raising my voice momentarily as I walked into the house. It was a nice old thing, but it was a relief to be leaving. The people here were getting boring and I had already run through all the attractive people. This was a cushy lifestyle, and certainly something I was still not used to, even after a year.

“Oh, you’re back early. How was saying ‘bye’ to all your friends?” She asked as she came out of the bathroom with a pile of boxes. There were about three of them, and they looked ready to fall.

“Didn’t. They’ll figure it out.” I took the boxes from her, blatantly ignoring her look. If I acknowledged it I would feel bad, and that couldn’t happen. I was supposed to be unemotional. Alice was just the exception.

“They are your friends, Rave. They deserve a proper good-bye, not that sorry excuse of one you didn’t give them,” she declared, almost guilt tripping me. It would have worked if it had been with anything but friends. The ones I left behind deserved that, not these ones I couldn’t even remember the names of.

“They aren’t real friends, they don’t even care. I arrived, no one noticed, I left and the same thing happened. No one spoke to me. Why bother saying bye when they’ll miss the party invitations more than they’ll miss me? They won’t even remember my name in a few months, anyway.” I shrugged with nothing but fact in my monotonic voice. She sighed, giving in because she knew I was right. They were… Okay people, but I couldn’t give half a shit about them.

“Go find your cousin. He needs to do his fair share of all this.” She told me, a grin appearing on her face. She was way too excited for the move. It wasn’t normal. I shrugged again before heading off to find my cousin, Nate. It was pretty easy; he was in his room, moping like a girl.

“Nathan. Up. Pack. Now.” I ordered as shortly as I could. I had no sympathy for him, moving was hardly the end of the world.

“I don’t want to.” He said, voice muffled by a pillow. Not a-fucking-gain. “It isn’t fucking fair, Rave. I have lived here my whole fucking life, grew up in this very bedroom. All my friends, my girlfriend- the love of my fucking life- just my entire life is here. In Lose Angeles. Not there in fucking Ohio. Here. Why can’t she just wait one more flipping year so we can graduate and leave for fucking college? She’s fucking ruining me- our senior year of fucking high school! I want to stay here!”

“Yeah, I know. But you don’t have a choice. We can make friends, get to the top and rule the school. I mean, seriously, if you can be at the top here where there are more kids in our school than there are in the entire town out there then what does it matter? You’ll still have an awesome year. Suck it up.” I was only half bull shitting him, he wasn’t completely at the top of the social food chain here, but he was certainly in the top five, if not the top three. Honestly, he did need to suck it up, we’re moving, not sacrificing ourselves. He’d be fine; he had good social skills.

“You suck at the whole ‘cheering up’ thing. But thanks,” he said, grinning. He was just happy I was finally trying. It had been a year and I was just starting to say more than a sentence or two when talking to him or his mom.

“Then why thank me?” I asked, to which he just chuckled in response.

“You tried, and you never really have before. You’re warming up to me, finally.” He laughed. Called it. But he laughed too much. It was annoying.

“Don’t get your hopes up,” I told him, deadpanned. Again, the fucker laughs as we head downstairs. It was annoying, and worthless.

Once we arrived at the front hall Alice seemed to beam. “Oh good, you guys came. I was worried the two of you decided to hide. Take this pile of boxes out and then double check your rooms and the rest of the top floor.”

We nodded and got to work, taking the huge pile of boxes out. Nate tried talking and being nice, but anyone who knew him a little could tell he was still in a horrible mood. So I attempted to remind him it could be worse and that there wasn’t been much to worry about. For now.

Once we got there it was a whole ‘nother story.
♠ ♠ ♠
No one commented and told me what they wanted, so I did what I wanted. Sorry.
If you don't like this you can unsubscribe, or send me something and I'll tell you when we get to the chapter it had been on before all this.
Now, new thing to vote on. But you only get the option if you actually vote. Otherwise I'll do what I want, which will be what's easiest for me and lets me be as lazy as I want.

Option A) I can make an update every few days, and for each chapter that gets commented on I will post another chapter the next day, or sooner, depending. But when we catch up to where we were it'll go back to weekly updates, and it gives me less time to pre-write and edit new chapters.
This means you get more now, but less later.

Option B) I can make weekly updates of this, but will post more if you comment.This gives me more time to write later chapters, so you can get better chapters later and will be less likely to have a hiatus or lack of chapters later.
Less now, more later, in a sense.

Option C) You hate me for this and want me to go to hell so I should just stop updating.

So, again, sorry. But only kind of. No one commented with what they wanted, and if someone had, if you had, then it might be different and would make you happy and get the quality up. But I had to choose, so I took the option that was easiest for me without deleting this.

So, comment, opinions and your thoughts on the options and all that are welcome. Feel free to tell me you are pissed about this, just say something. Anything is better than nothing.