‹ Prequel: The Kill

I'll Dry Your Tears

Dream of Me

After living in Newton Massachusetts from age 3 to 14, Noa had been torn away from her friends, her life, everything, and was now expected live and thrive in India.
Yeah, fucking India.

Noa missed both of her best friends like mad- she couldn't bear life without them. They were the only people who could bring her out of those days were she thought nothing could ever go right, the only people who understood her for herself and accepted her 100% for who she was. And they were both gone. Abby and Emmie were home, Noa was not.

There was really only one difference between Abby and Emmie, other than their personalities. Noa loved them both to bits and she'd do anything for them, but Abby was a little different. See, Noa has always been straight, but when it came to Abby, she'd change. Abby called it "flipping".
The flipping process was this:
Noa goes to Abby's house for a sleepover.
Noa eats lots of Abby's food.
Noa listens to music with Abby.
It gets kind of late.
Noa and Abby are reading slashes on Mibba.
Noa and Abby are cuddling while reading.
Noa and Abby are horny from the slashes.
Abby gets hands-y.
Noa gets hands-y.
Noa is now turned on and has therefore been successfully flipped.
Now Noa and Abby will hook up.
End of flip.

So this is how it went. Abby was bisexual and always happy to flip Noa, Noa was always flipped, you see the cycle.
And the girls were both fine with that, because their relationship was never damaged because of it. So it was all okay.
There were always those days, though, when the girls were just happy with the other. And not because they were in love, but because they loved teach other more than themselves. Because they'd give up anything for their best friend.
In all honesty, if you were to look at the situation between the two, two words should cross your mind: soul mates. Because that's exactly what they were, and always will be.

Noa had moved, both girls were hurting. Night after night, both the girls were blind to the pleasures of life. Their other half was gone. Sleep was gone, feelings that could have been pushed away by the girls' soul mate came back to stay, everything looked bleak. Noa cried, Abby cried, and on the inside they were both lost completely.

It was hard for Noa to sleep, but when she did her dreams different other than that one recurring dream. It was a memory.

It was the last day of the summer before the seventh grade, and Abby and Noa had gone to Newton Centre for a day of fun and Dunkin' Donuts Munchkins. Noa would just play the memory in her head, over and over, thinking how everything had changed in one year.

Abby had started to become dark, to hurt and to hate herself. Noa wished with everything she had that she could help Abby, but she just... she didn't know how. The day came when Abby asked Noa what Noa would say to her if she were to die tomorrow. The first thing that came to Noa's mind was 'Abby is sick of life. She's done. She doesn't want to be around for tomorrow.' Abby knew exactly what Noa was thinking an reassured her that it wasn't true.
However, Noa had a nightmare that night. She woke up, heart pounding and tears and sweat shining on her face.
She dreamt that Abby had died at her own hand.

Next night came and Noa had another dream about Abby. It was exactly the same as the night before, but right before Abby could jump, Noa interrupted. She grabbed a sobbing Abby by the shoulders, spun her around, and as she wiped Abby's tears, she whispered:

"I'll always be here to dry your tears. I'm never letting you go.
I promise."

And that morning, Noa woke up knowing that no matter how far the two girls were, they always knew when something was wrong with the other.
And for now, Noa knew that Abby would be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
sequel to the kill. it probably sucks but i don't really care. it's important to me, so if you don't like it then just deal with it.