Status: I'm only uploading one chapter for now, just to see if people are interested. But I promise to update in the near future!

Jumping Into Rivers

O2

After a short drive in the tour bus, One Direction arrived at their hotel. Even from the safety of the bus they could hear the screams coming from outside. Niall’s eyes widened in what appeared to be horror as the females on the street began banging on the outside of the bus. Desperate to catch even a glimpse of the five boys inside.

“It’s like something from ‘Dawn of the Dead’, init?” Zayn quipped, peeking his head up ever so slightly to see the hysteria outside.

“I never get use to it.” Louis remarked, sitting firmly in his seat beside Harry – excitement and nerves building inside of him at the thought of having to battle through the crowd.

When the bus stopped, John (their bodyguard) was instantly at his feet.

“Okay, boys. We can either get you in ASAP, or you can spend a while signing and chatting? Just to pre-warn you, they look like a mental bunch.” cue high pitched screams of, “we love you!”

The boys looked at one another. They were exhausted; they needed showers and were dying to just flop down on their king sized beds and chill. But with a shrug from Liam, all the boys nodded. Without the fans they would be nothing. It would be selfish and ungrateful to just walk past the girls who had obviously been outside the hotel for hours for just that one chance of seeing their favourite boy band.

“I guess a few minutes won’t hurt.” Liam said. John just nodded in response although his face looked extremely worried.

“Okay, be careful guys.” John managed to warn before the bus doors were open. The screams flooded in making Zayn and Niall share awkward glances. They were – of course – appreciative of their fans dedication. But the screaming and crying was often quite frightening.

Two other bodyguards entered the bus briefly before allowing the boys to exit. Liam's `Bieber fringe’ whipped around his forehead as the cold London air greeted him. Flashes blinded his eyes as he took the two steps down from the bus onto the hard pavement of London. Its concrete slabs decorated with blackened chewing-gum and crisp, fallen leaves.

Sudden cries of “Liam, I love you!” deafened him as he smiled and pushed his way through the crowd. Accepting pictures and asking every girl how their day had been politely despite the only response being "Fine, thank you." through their chattering teeth and shrill giggles . By the time he had reached the hotel doors his arms were overloaded with sweets, teddy bears, cards and toys. As soon as he was inside the posh lobby he dumped them all onto a nearby sofa so he could admire the fans dedication properly. Laughing slightly as he picked up a particularly adorable turtle and stroking its furry shell.

Shortly after, Niall entered, looking flustered. His hair was sticking up in awkward angles while his cheeks were bright red from the female attention. He was holding a similar amount of presents in his arms, although half of them were already piled at his feet from his quickening loss of grip. Although still clasped in one had was a `Nando’s’ bag.

“A girl got me a chicken wrap!” he grinned, showing off the paper bag with the Irish boys favourite food inside.

“It’s probably cold, mate.” Liam noted in disgust as Niall began chowing down already.
“Don’t care.” he simply replied with his mouth full.

Outside, Zayn was reaching the last of the girls, several lipstick marks on his cheeks and scratches on his wrists from the manic grabs. John pulling him ever so slightly when one pretty female seemed intent on not letting go of his shirt, her sobbing face causing Zayn to widened his eyes in alarm. Further back, Louis and Harry were battling the crowd’s together.

The screams sounding even louder at the sight of the curly-haired favourite. While Louis took camera’s from shaking girls hands to take pictures he couldn’t help but glance at Harry every so often. Almost as if he were worried. Every now and then he’d wrap an arm around the young boy’s waist and pull him away as fans tugged at his arms and tried to touch his hair. There was no need for a bodyguard – Louis was protective enough.

Eventually the two boys burst through the doors giggling, causing the receptionist behind her desk to snap her head up at the noise. Louis was holding even more carrots while Harry had several more turtles and kittens.

All five boys stood for a moment in silence, looking at one another with mixed emotions. Listening to the screams die down as more and more fans began to move away. Clearly disappointed that the boys wouldn’t be making a second appearance.

With a nod from their manager all five began making their way up to their hotel rooms. Harry and Louis were, of course, sharing a room, while the other three had bagged a larger room for them to sleep in. While they were excited to be going home, there was a part of them that felt ever so slightly disappointed that they couldn’t spend more time in the five star hotel.

After all – their house was far from luxurious. The big two-storey house that all five of the boys shared was littered with dirty washing and food wrappers. Cups were probably stacked up on their selves and the washing basket predictably overflowing with laundry. They refused to get a maid – they wanted to learn how to do things themselves, they had told Simon. It was proving to be successful, however only gradually. Zayn had only just dared to start cooking pasta on his own. Liam and Louis were the usual house chiefs meaning spaghetti on toast was their common dinner.

With difficulty, Louis managed to juggle with his gifts and retrieve the suite key from his pocket while Harry watched, before flicking his eyes elsewhere after realising he'd probably stared to long at the older boy's backside. Seconds later the door beeped, allowing the boy band to stumble through together.

Louis dropped his carrots onto the bed and started at them – an eyebrow raised.

“How many this time?” Niall asked, putting his `Nando’s’ wrapper in the bin and turning towards the older member.

“I’d say at least twenty.”

“Nah. Thirty, minimum.” Harry replied, beginning to prop cards up on his bedside table, keen to make the overly white room more friendly.

“New record.” Louis mumbled, scooping all of the carrots into one bag and dropping it at the end of his bed.

“So, what do you guys wanna do tonight?” Niall asked, spreading himself out onto Harry’s bed and resting his head on the fluffy pillow, sighing in relaxation.

“Dunno. Have a few drinks? Just chill out. I know it’s last day of tour and all but to be honest I’m fucking knackered.” Zayn said, stacking up his cards which were flaking with glitter.

“Sounds good to me.” Louis agreed, stretching his arms up making his back click.

“Well I’m gunna go in the shower so I’ll see you chaps in a bit.” Harry said, already in his boxers despite not even being in the bathroom. Although the others boy's didn't even appear alarmed at Harry's confidence. The boy would spend the rest of his life in boxers if it were publically acceptable.

“Yeah me too. I fucking stink.” Niall replied before walking out of the hotel room and across the hall to his own room, which he would be sharing with Liam and Zayn.

“Alright. We’ll all get showered. Louis, you and Harry come to ours when you’re ready, yeah? I’ve still got drink in my suitcase.”
“Put the jäger in the fridge!” Louis called out as Liam followed Zayn back to their own room.
“Will do!” was his reply.

-

“Do it, Harry! Do it!” Louis slurred, thrusting the bottle of Jäger towards him.
“No! It’s disgusting.” he whined in protest, but taking the bottle anyway and tipping some clumsily into the shot glass in his hand.

Zayn was sat on the floor giggling uncontrollably as Harry’s face scrunched up with disgust from the smell of the alcohol. He took a long gulp from his can of beer and waited until Harry threw the Jägermeister down his throat. He cheered, but creased up in laughter as Harry made a spluttering sound from the strong taste.

“It’s like fucking cough medicine!” Harry moaned. He handed the bottle back to a blurry eyed Louis and watched as he took a swig right from the bottle, amazed that he actually enjoyed the taste. But in all honesty, Louis was most probably too drunk to even recognise the flavours.

“He is gunna be hung-over in the morning.” a more sober Liam muttered into his ear as they both observed Louis’s behaviour.

“No more than Niall.” Harry pointed out, his head flicking towards one of the white beds where a Niall shaped figure was already slumped under the covers, fast asleep.

“He's a pathetic excuse for an Irish man.” Liam grinned, sipping his own beer can sensibly.

“Ha-rry?”, Louis hiccupped, drawing the boys out of their conversation, “Let’s play dares!”

Liam rolled his eyes while Harry shook his head, although a grin was on his face.

“Ahh, c’mon guys! It will be so funny!” Zayn argued, scooting up near Louis.
Liam rolled his eyes again but muttered, “Why not?”

“Okay! Okay! I’ll go – I’ll go first,” Louis held up his hands as his words slurred together, “I dare Liam to down this whole bottle of vodka!” from behind him he revealed a small bottle of vodka with most of the contents gone already. Liam’s brown eyes widened, clearly thinking to himself `why did I agree to this?’

“But I hate-“
“Do it!”

Liam sighed and accepted the bottle from Louis. Unhappily he unscrewed the top and placed the bottle to his lips, the glass clinking against his teeth. He took a breath before tipping his head back and swallowing the burning liquid as quickly as he could. After a few seconds he chucked the bottle to the floor where it landed with a thud on the soft carpet.

“It burns.” he managed to cough as he rubbed his sore throat. A drunken Zayn and Louis cheered while a loud snore sounded from the opposite side of the room from a very passed out Niall.

“Zayn,” Liam began, before any other member could begin, “I dare you to-“ he thought for a moment “Text Rebecca and tell her the reason it didn’t work out is because you’d been having inappropriate thoughts about Wagner!”

Louis collapsed in a heap of laughter while Zayn protested, “No! I ca-can’t do that! No way.” he held he hands up. But Harry had already grabbed the boy’s iPhone which was left carelessly beside him.

“Go on!” Harry encouraged, handing him back the phone with a text already set up – ready to be typed. With concentration Zayn began typing. His blurry eyes were mixing up his letters – however this helped matters as it was clear that Zayn was drunk, so perhaps Rebecca wouldn't be as confused by the random message.

“There, sent.” he said, showing the screen to Liam.

He smiled, “Your turn then, Zayn.”

Zayn thought for a while, until a wicked smile appeared on his face, “Harry,” Harry gulped, “I dare you...to lick Louis’ nipple!”

Liam burst out laughing at the young boys expression. And – if he hadn’t known any better – he would have thought the curly-haired boy was blushing.

“W-wha-"
“You have to do it, Harry!” Zayn said, noticing how Harry reacted. Louis – who was too drunk to really understand what was so shocking – was already lifting up his striped top revealing a smooth chest and tanned skin.

Harry took a long gulp of his beer, needing the alcohol to perform such a task. Liam and Zayn trying to hid their laughter as Harry crawled on all fours slowly towards Louis. Making eye contact with the drunken boy, he dipped his head and poked his tongue out to touch his skin. Retracting his tongue as soon as it made contact with the hot flesh.

As soon as he’d done it the boys burst out into cheers and laughter – clearly not disrupting Niall, who was probably dreaming of potatoes and Barack Obama.

Harry smiled in triumph and prayed to God that his cheeks weren’t as red as they felt. It took him only a minute to decide Louis’ punishment. Louis was already the most confident of the group when it came to dares, and with that amount of alcohol in his system already, this dare was practically nothing.

“Louis,” he smirked, attracting his attention, “I dare you to run to the lobby and back in just your boxers.” Zayn had to clutch his stomach while Liam spluttered into his drink in surprise.

Both of their heads shot towards Louis, who didn’t seem to be fazed at all. Instead he stood up, and peeled off his striped T-shirt. Keeping a straight face he unbuttoned his trousers and kicked them off. Finally he peeled each sock off gently and was left only in his underwear, which Harry noted were blue in colour.

Louis turned around and opened the hotel room door and walked out proudly without even a second thought.

“He’s crazy,” Zayn cackled, “You’re brilliant Harry.” Harry smiled and watched as the half naked boy began jogging down the empty corridor, tripping over his own feet a couple of times due to his intoxicated co-ordination. A minute later he returned with only a slight fluster.

“Gave the woman at reception a bit of a fright,” Louis said, placing his hands on his hips proudly, “I think she enjoyed it really.” indicating to his toned body.

Harry punched him playfully on the arm before moving back towards the open door, however, he was tackled to the ground. Turning over he was met with Louis straddling him, their hands interlocked as Louis attempted to pin Harry's arms to the ground.

“Whoa. You guys are so heterosexual.” Zayn deadpanned as he walked back into the room, genuinely not surprised at the two boys behaviour. Liam snapped a picture on his phone and chuckled at the result.

“Brilliant.” he muttered to himself. Ready to embarrassed his band mates tomorrow morning via Twitter.

Harry laughed as Louis playfully ruffled with his hair, and crying out when a knee became a little to close to his groin area.

“Love you, Boo Bear.” he smiled once Louis had calmed down, their fingers still sub-consciously interlocked. Louis removed himself from his position and stood upright, about to move back into the hotel room to collect his clothes.

“Love you too, Hazza.” he slurred. And it most definitely wasn’t a lie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter two! The whole plot of the story will begin development in the next chapter.

Please tell me what you think! Are the boys realistic or do they sound nothing like what they really are?

Feedback would be great! Thanks for reading.