‹ Prequel: iGet Revenge

iThought We Were Done

Seven

Sam lurched forward out of her sleep, the lights were out and Mariah was in her bunk. Books and paper were spread across the floor, Mariah's clothes were in a pile in the corner, snack packages spilled out of the trashcan that Sam had forgotten to take out. She stumbled out of her bed and across the room. As she burst into the bathroom she felt on the wall for the switch.

"Sam?" Mariah sat up, peering around. "What's going on Sam?" As the last letters fell from Mariah's lips Sam bent over the toilet and let everything out. "Oh my gosh!" Mariah hopped out of her bed and rushed to the light, tuning it on.

Sam spit out a few chunks in her mouth then slumped against the wall, holding her hand to her head. This was the third time in a week that she'd thrown up first thing in the morning. She hadn't been to any of her classes for three days. Mariah crouched next to Sam and rubbed her back, looking at the toilet in disgust.

"Sam...This isn't normal that you keep throwing up like this." Mariah sighed.

"I've got some kind of stomach bug, i just need to see the doctor." Sam whined, letting go of her head.

"Yeah you've got a stomach bug alright. Sam I think you're pregnant." Mariah crossed her legs and sat on her butt.

"What? No" Sam tried to ignore Mariah, afraid that she might be right.

"I've got a test...If you want to take it. It's best if you find out sooner, so that you can tell Freddie." Mariah smiled, trying to make light of the situation. "Do you want it?"

Sam nodded and Mariah skipped off to find her pregnancy test. Sam elt tears burning at the back of her eyes. If she was pregnant she was bringing a baby into the world that wouldn't have a good grandmother an emotionally damaged mother and young parents.This was cruel. Mariah came back, handing Sam the box, she smiled warily.

"At least if it's a boy you've already kept one promise." Mariah pointed down at Sam's ring and she began to cry.
♠ ♠ ♠
let Me Know!