Status: Writing.

Not Just Any Royal Pain

Tracking Down Luggage

Chapter One:
Tracking Down Luggage


I muttered under my breath as I looked around the crowded baggage claim for my own luggage. As my eyes scanned the conveyor belt looking for the plain black suitcase with a bunch of European flags all over it, my friend Bailey was talking her head off. I was already mad at her for finding her luggage so fast and it wasn’t helping that she was in such a happy mood, where as I wasn’t. I didn’t say anything to her though, knowing that she got upset easily and knowing that I was always the pleasant one- no matter what was going on.

“Morning?” she questioned me.

Yes, my name is Morning. I looked up at her, my eyes narrowing slightly at the use of my name.

“Sorry, but you weren’t answering to Skye- so I figured that would snap you out of your thoughts.” She explained.

I sighed, “Don’t worry about Bailey; I’m just a bit grumpy. I didn’t get much sleep last night.”

She shook her head, “I don’t understand why you hate your name so much, sure your parents are a bit weird, but it’s a unique name.”

“Is this what you had to tell me?” I asked her, raising an eyebrow at her.

“Oh no! Right, I wanted to tell you that I saw your suitcase! It’s right there.” She told me, pointing to the familiar worn suitcase with a clatter of flags on it.

I squealed in pleasure and quickly made my way over to it so that I could grab it and I could leave this over crowded airport. As I was lifting it off the belt, I lost my grip on the strap and it fell onto someone’s foot. I heard the man yelp in surprise and I felt horrible. A string of apologies made its way out of my mouth, as I quickly grabbed the huge luggage and stood it up right.

“Sir, I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to. I thought I had a firm hold onto it, but I guess it’s a lot heavier then I planned in my head.” I quickly explained to the brunette.

The guy looked at me and quickly forgave me, seeing the sincere look on my face.

“Thank you! So sorry again!” I exclaimed, as I quickly made my way back over to where Bailey was standing.

“You packed quite a bit. Even your father had some difficulties lifting it.” Bailey commented, which told me that she had just seen the accident.

“Well, it is my father. He doesn’t like to work out… or do much of anything.” I commented after a second long pause.

“Well your mother does a bunch of things!” Bailey told me, as we went outside to see if we could get a cab to her grandmother’s place.

“Yeah, well she’s completely mental.” I told her.

“Skye,” Bailey said sternly, using the name I preferred, “Just because she is a hippie- that doesn’t make her mental.” She gave me a look and then went back to looking for a cab. “Oh no.”

“What?” I asked her, glad to get the subject off my parents.

“My grandmother sent her driver.” She said and pointed to a black car, with an older man waving us over to him.

“Your grandmother has her own personal driver?” I asked her, my eyes wide.

“Yea.” She mumbled, “And trust me- you’ll see she has more than enough money to throw around.”

Bailey began her way towards the man and I quickly followed behind her, not wanting to get left behind. When we reached the black car, the man bowed and smiled brightly as he greeted us.

“Nigel, this is my friend Skye. Skye- this is Nigel. If there’s anything you need while you stay with us, you can ask him.” Bailey said.

“It’s nice to meet you.” I told him, as I extended my hand.

“A pleasure.” He said, smiling and shook my hand. When he let go he immediately took both my bag and Bailey’s and placed them in the trunk. Afterwards he opened the door and Bailey got into the car. I followed suit, amazed at what was happening.

“Okay Skye, before you ask and your creative little imagination gets the best of you, my grandmother is quite rich. She’s considered a part of upper society where we come from. So, she’ll be nagging us about being on our best behavior.” Bailey informed me, as Nigel started the car.

“Trust me. I’ll be on my bestest behavior.” I let her know. “But, are you sure me staying with you is alright? I don’t want to intrude or anything.”

“No. You are staying with me. I do not want to be left with my grandmother all by myself. Besides, she’d be on my back the entire time you were here about why I hadn’t invited you to stay with us during your stay.” Bailey told me. “Now, look out the window and enjoy your first few glimpses of the wonderful England!”

I smiled at her, my grumpy attitude leaving me at once as I did as I was told. I had dreamt of coming to England ever since I was little. And it didn’t help that my parents, being as they are, encouraged me completely and whole heartedly as I grew up and bought me pictures of England, Wales and Scotland to hang up all over my room.

“This is going to be the best vacation ever!” I exclaimed, as I opened the window and stuck my head out of it. I didn’t hear what Bailey said in return, but I knew she was giggling in agreement.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys! Here's the story I was telling you about. It isn't much of a first chapter and yes, I do know that Harry isn't in it yet.... but you guys might recognize the brunette later. Maybe. I don't know if you will.

But I thought I'd try something different and this is what I decided to write. And so you guys all know, I'm going to be putting up characters, just so you can all get an idea as to what everyone looks like. I'm assuming most of you know what Harry looks like, but I'll put one up anyways(:

Well, I hope you enjoyed this little chapter and I'll be working on the next one!
-Kathleen