Status: Writing.

Not Just Any Royal Pain

The Elite Group

Chapter Two:
The Elite Group


After about a forty-five minute ride, we arrived at Bailey’s grandmother’s house- er manor. Greenefield Manor it was called. As we got out of the car, we were greeted by a younger lady wearing a black and white outfit.

“Good to see you again Miss.” She said to Bailey in a thick Scottish accent while giving her a smile.

I looked over at Bailey and gave her a look and she shot me a glare, “It’s nice to see you as well Clarisse. Oh, and this is my friend Skye. Skye this is Clarisse- she also works for my grandmother.”

“Nice to meet you.” I told her as we shook hands.

“You as well Miss. Oh!” she exclaimed as she led us inside with Nigel following behind with another servant carrying our luggage. “And Miss, if you need anything don’t hesitate to ask me.”

I figured she was still talking to me and I told her I would probably take her up on that offer.

“Clarisse, is my grandmother home?” Bailey asked, as we were led into a sitting room.

“No miss, she is actually out this evening with Mrs. Writ.” The girl informed her and then quickly left the room to bring us tea.

When I finally had Bailey’s attention, and she was looking at me, I raised my eyebrow.

“OK, OK. I know I should’ve told you what you were getting into, but I knew you wanted to be with a friend and I didn’t want to be stuck with my grandmother alone.” She explained quickly.

“I don’t fit in at this place at all! I can be on my best behavior, but I doubt that’s going to be enough. What will your grandmother think of my hippie heritage? Besides, you wouldn’t have been alone. You have all these servant type people.”

Bailey glared at me, “Do you think my grandmother would let them ‘hang out’ with me?”

Just as I was about to answer her, Clarisse came back in with a tray of tea and sat it down on one of the nice, glass coffee table. She poured some into two cups and then left me and Bailey again.

“I love her to death, but she can never make my tea right.” She told me as she put some sugar and cream into her cup. “I’ve told her to stop preparing, that I like to do that.”

I laughed as I followed her example and put one cube of sugar in my tea and poured some cream as well. I smiled as the hot liquid slid down my throat. I took another sip and then Bailey started talking again.

“I miss being home and as for your behavior and hippie heritage- as you so put it- I’m sure my grandmother will love you.” I watched her as she grabbed a cookie that was also on the tray. She took a small bite before continuing. “Oh, and you might be dragged to quite a few dinner parties as well.”

“What?” I exclaimed, setting the expensive china tea cup back on the table.

“Don’t worry about it though.”

“I didn’t pack for anything like that.” I informed Bailey. All I really have is one nice dress- and I’m sure it isn’t good enough for these dinner parties or whatever.”

“I’ve got plenty upstairs in my closet. They should fix you and we might have to work on the behavior expected from young women at such parties. You see, it wouldn’t be such a huge deal, but my grandmother gets invited to a lot of fancy stuff. You could say that she’s part of the few, elite group.”

I gave her a questioning look, “What does that mean?”

“It means that she gets invited to parties and other events which can include the queen. And believe you me she is quite close to the queen.”

“Bailey I don’t think I can handle this. In fact I know I can’t, this is just way more than I bargained for.”

“You’ll be fine! Look, if it makes you more comfortable I can get us a teacher to teach you the proper manners. It might be good to do so actually. I think I need a brush up on them myself.”

“You are lucky that you’re my best friend.” I told her.

“I know.” She smiled, “Now finish drinking your tea and help yourself to some cookies. It isn’t every day that Clarisse gets cookies out with the tea. Normally I have to sneak down in the middle of the night for the good stuff.” Bailey informed me some more.

I quickly picked up my delicate tea cup and cookie and began to relax in the place that I would call home for a couple weeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to get this next chapter up. I just found that I had already wrote it in my notebook (well actually it was just shoved in there on regular computer paper). I also know that it is a bit shorter than what I normally write, but I didn't want to continue when I already have some things planned for the next chapter. Well I hope you liked it and please tell me if you do or if you have any helpful advice! Thank you!

-Kathleen