Status: Writing.

Not Just Any Royal Pain

Wake Up Call

Chapter Five:
Wake Up Call


I woke up the next morning in Bailey’s bed. The television was still on from last night and the curtains were drawn shut. I rolled over to my side when there was a pounding on the door.

“Miss Bailey, your grandmother would like to see both you and Miss Skye downstairs in the parlor in approximately twenty minutes.” A maid called, opening the door.

“What does she want?” Bailey asked, her voice husky from clearly just waking up.

“She didn’t say, just that she wanted you both dressed and downstairs for some brunch.”

“Let her know we’re getting ready.”

“Yes Miss.” The maid said. “Would you like me to draw the curtains open?”

“Yes, that would be nice.” I told her when Bailey didn’t respond.

I heard Bailey groan in protest next to me as she squirmed around. I heard the maid’s shoes click on the floor as she walked over to the windows and threw back the curtains, allowing a flood of sunlight to fill the room. The light reached through the blanket and through my closed eyelids, which I decided to keep shut for a little bit longer.

“I’ll be back up in twenty minutes.” The maid said before she left the room and closed the doors.

I only stayed where I was for a little longer until I realized how much time we actually had to get ready. I quickly threw the blankets off my body and sat up. I then looked over on the right side of the bed to see Bailey was still covered by her millions of blankets. I called her name, but she didn’t answer. I tried again, but still no response. I then sighed and threw the blankets off her body as well.

“What’s that for?” she asked as she tried to pull the covers back over her body.

“We only have twenty minutes to get ready to have brunch with your grandmother.” I told her.

“Oh shit. I need to get showered and pick out something to wear.” Bailey suddenly exclaimed as she jumped off the bed and ran to her wardrobe. She quickly opened the door to her closet and the drawers to her dressers. She then ran to her bathroom where I could hear her turn on the water to the shower and she came back out with a towel wrapped around her slim body. “I should have gotten that maid to pick something nice out for me while I focused on getting clean.” She then turned to me and started to give me instructions. “You need to go to your room. Take a shower and pick out a nice skirt and blouse or a very nice shirt, then come back here so I can approve and we will head down to eat.”

I nodded my head and quickly made my way to my room. I had a much easier time finding my room now that I had a slight idea where I was located. I quickly opened the door to the room and made my way over to my suitcase, which was laying on a chaise at the end of my bed. I quickly searched through making sure I had a suitable skirt and shirt. I soon gave up and made my way to the bathroom where I ran the water and stripped before hopping in and scrubbing my body.

About ten minutes later I shut of the warm water to my shower and hopped out. My hair was soaking wet and I quickly grabbed the clean towel hanging up to dry off. Still in the bathroom, I put on my moisturizer and looked at my reflection, smiling. I then made my way out to my suitcase to look for something nice to wear. About five minutes later, I was standing back in the bathroom fully dressed and with the towel atop my head. I had picked out a nude, high-waisted skirt that reached a little below my knees, a white shirt with quarter sleeves and a brown leather belt. I quickly put on a small amount of makeup, hiding a few blemishes that had come up overnight due to me not washing my face. I then decided to put on some mascara and some shiny lip-gloss. I then took the towel down from my hair, leaving it on the floor, and brushed through my thick dark locks before placing it in a high, sophisticated ponytail. I then walked out of the bathroom and studied myself in the mirror. I brushed down my skirt before nodding at my choice of clothing and grabbing a pair of oxford shoes. I then quickly made my way to Bailey’s room where she was standing outside waiting for me.

“You look cute.” I told her.

She was wearing a pink dress (top left) that had white strips running up and down and gold buttons that were slightly slanted downwards on her chest area. Her blonde hair was pinned back so that it stayed out of her face.

“Thank you.” She smiled. “You look nice as well. Now come let’s go before we really are late.” She said and we started the walk down the stairs to the parlor.

“Do you always get dressed up to eat?” I asked as we were nearing the parlor.

“No, only when she wants to get down to business right afterwards.”

“Oh.” I paused. “Does this have something to do with your party?”

“Probably.” Bailey told me and when we reached the parlor, the doors were already wide open.

“Good morning ladies.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry for the long update. I haven't been on here in forever and it seems as if I've been really slacking. Anyways, I know not much happened this chapter, but just wait! A lot is going to happen in the next one and it could be possible that Harry will show up again. Who knows? ;)

-Kathleen xx