Status: Cancelled for now. I'm in the process of rewriting it, I had a few ideas that didn't fit into what I had already written. Also, no one really reads this so I figured no one even cares.

We're Still So Young, Desperate For Attention

-Swear To Shake It Up-

Early Saturday afternoon, I went to the basement and picked up my guitar. I tuned it then started playing, stopping every so often to write down the chords I had just played. Two hours later, I stopped and to look at my notebook. After I read over the chords and changed a few, I started playing the song.

Meanwhile upstairs, there was a knock at the front door. Spencer opened the door and saw Ryan standing there, guitar slung over his back and a notebook in hand.

"Hey Ryan, what's up?" he asked.

"I wrote a new song!" Ryan replies as he walks past Spencer into the house.

"Awesome, go ahead downstairs, I'll be down as soon as Brent and Trevor get here," he said smiling.

Ryan starts walking down the stairs to the basement when all the sudden, he hears a guitar playing. As soon as he gets to the bottom of the steps and sees that it's Sarah, he smiles. Ryan just stands there watching her play.

As I struck the final chord of my newly written song, I looked up and saw Ryan standing there staring at me with a smile on his face.

"Hey Ryan, how long have you been standing there?" I asked nervously.

Ryan doesn't say anything, he just walks over to Sarah and kisses her. Not knowing what to do she just stood there as he kissed her.

"What was that for?" I asked, completely shocked.

"For being so amazing and beautiful." he replies, kissing her again and this time, she kissed him back.

Right as they pull away from each other, Spencer along with Brent and Trevor start running down the stairs.

"Hey boys!" I shouted smiling as I sat down on the couch, as I always do when they practiced. I loved watching them practice, it was fun.

They all said 'hey' back and started tuning their instruments as Spencer walks over to the couch and sits down next to his sister.

"Hey kid," Spencer said nudging her in the arm, "So, what were you and Ryan doing?" He continued.

"Uh, what do you mean? We weren't doing anything," As I said that I could tell he knew I was lying.

"Right! Sarah, you know I can tell when your lying. So tell me what happened, please?" Spencer said, making a sad face.

God, why does he have to know me so well. But should I tell him? How would he react? Would he be mad at Ryan for kissing me?

"Can I tell you when everyone leaves?" I reply with a sigh.

Spencer smiles at her and says, "Sure thing, but Ryan is spending the night."

"Okay then. I'll tell you now but not here, upstairs" I say as I get up off the couch and start walking upstairs.

Spencer stands up and looks at the guys, "Hey guys, I have to go upstairs. I'll be back down in a few minutes," he says right before he starts walking up the stairs.

When Spencer gets upstairs, he sees Sarah in the living room sitting on the couch. He walks over and sits down next to her and waits for her to tell him what happened.

"Okay, so... I was downstairs, playing a new song I just wrote. When I finished, I saw Ryan standing there. I asked him how long he'd been standing there and he didn't answer," I pause, not exactly sure how to continue.

"It's okay Sarah, you know you can tell me anything," Spencer said putting a hand on Sarah's shoulder.

I sigh and continue, "Well, he just kind of walked over and kissed me."

"Ryan kissed you?" He smiles.

"Yeah and when I asked him why, he just kissed me again," As I say that I look up at Spencer. "Wait! Why are you smiling?" I asked, annoyed by his amusement of the situation.

"I guess I'm just glad he finally got the nerve up to do it," he replied in a serious tone.

"You knew that Ryan liked me and you didn't tell me?" I asked in an almost whining voice.

"Yeah, he told me a few years ago," He said smiling. "I also know that you've liked him for a few years."

"Was it that obvious?" I asked, half embarrassed.

"Well, to me it was. But I don't think anyone else noticed." Spencer smiled.

"Okay," I say looking at the clock, "we've been up here for almost ten minutes, we should head back downstairs."

"Yeah, we probably should." Spencer says as he stands up and offers his hand, "You coming?"

"Yeah" I reply as I grab his hand.

We make our way back down to the basement. Once down there, I sit back on the small couch in the corner of the room and Spencer sits down at his drums.

Ryan looks around at the guys and asks, "You ready?" Everyone nods.

"Okay, were going to start off with 'The Only Difference' ," he says with a smirk.

And with that, they all start playing their instruments.

As I sat there watching them and Ryan sing, all I could focus on was Ryan's voice. I swear every time he sang ' I aim to be your eyes' he was looking at me, smiling.

After they had finished playing their last song, Trevor looked around at everyone and said he had something he needed to say. All the guys all turned their attention to him and he looked really sad.

"I really hate to say this but... I have to drop out of the band" Trevor says with pain in his voice.

Everyone looks at Trevor in shock and a sea of 'whys' filled the room.

"My family and I are moving to Chicago in 4 days. I wanted to tell you guys earlier but I just couldn't bring myself to do it," he says bluntly.

"Aw man, that sucks," said the bassist Brent.

"We're going to miss you Trevor," Spencer said with a smile.

"The band won't be the same without you," Ryan said as he jokingly punches him in the shoulder.

After the guys all say their good byes to Trevor, I got up off the couch and walked over to Trevor and gave him a hug. "I'll miss you Trevor," I said giving him a kiss on his cheek.

And as Trevor walked up the stairs, we all stood there in silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know. I suck at writing. >_<
I have about 5 chapter of this story done, I just have to do a little editing for a few new ideas I had.
Comments and criticism are much appreciated. ^_^

xJess