Potential High School Drop-Out

Entry 5

xX "All Quotations" Xx

Everything before my speech was pretty much irrelevant so will start there. A bunch of school official got up and said some words but really no one really cared or listen. Then I had to get up a give my speech. Did I mention I hate speeches.

My speech was fill with quotes. The way I saw it was that the more I use other's words the less I had too. So a none stop of already said, already been done, overly used conveyer belt of total bullshit weeded with tons and tons of sarcasm.

I started out my graduation speech with "A graduation ceremony is an event where the commencement speaker tells thousands of students dressed in identical caps and gowns that "individuality" is the key to success." ~ by Robert Orben

I said something about striving to be different and in the struggling there is light and lalala.

Then I talked on how you can be scared to take the next steps toward your future and bah bah bah.

Do not be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated; you can't cross a chasm in two small jumps. ~David Lloyd George

I said there was no use holding onto the last three years because the next four year are the ones that matter. That the next four years are completely theirs, to do with as they please.

I also said that today wasn't really graduation and finished it up with a quote from Arie Pencovici, "Graduation is only a concept. In real life every day you graduate. Graduation is a process that goes on until the last day of your life. If you can grasp that, you'll make a difference."

I smiled, waved, and got the hell of stage.

They did the whole diploma thing and called me back up on stage and of course finished with a quote but as if you couldn't guess.

"People will frighten you about a graduation.... They use words you don't hear often: 'And we wish you Godspeed.' It is a warning, Godspeed. It means you are no longer welcome here at these prices." ~ by Bill Cosby.

When we stood up and flip our tassels and exited the gymnasium. When my heart finely went back normal I was relieved. The ceremony had ended and I got my family out of there as fast as possible.

I only told a few pictures with family, my close friends whom I wasn’t really all that close to, and favorite teachers.

I was even socializing and signed a few of yearbooks. Can you guess with what, that's right a quote by Billie Joe Armstrong, “School is practice for future life, practice makes perfect and nobody's perfect, so why practice?”

Mom and Dad decide that seen I didn’t want a party that I was going to go to dinner with them, my brother came along but I think he just came for the food. I love him and he knew I didn’t do family bounding. He made it painless and didn’t tease me. Thankfully he complain a lot and mom finally took us home.
It was that simple though see he want to talk about the summer but Mom and Dad hadn’t made there decision yet so the pint was moot.

By the end of the night I was whipped but glad for about three minutes then it set in that I was starting high school next and my brother wasn't helping.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
Winnie's Graduation Outfit! GO LIONS!!!

COMMENT

SUBSCRIBE

I would really like to know what you think as I go along.
& I own everything in this story.
With Love A.M