Status: Completed.

What A Mess!

Mixing Time

Melanie Marie was sitting at home bored out of her mind one dreary afternoon. She had just finished her Chemistry course she had been studying but had not found a job yet.

She really enjoyed mixing potions and chemicals together to see what kind of reaction they would have when combined.

No one would know just by looking at Melanie that she was a little bit mad. She was able to function in society but when she was by herself, she was free to explore the bounds of her mind.

Walking over to her vast kitchen, she pulled out a beaker and some food dye from the cupboard. Pink; her favourite colour. She then grabbed a large bowl and two cans of baked beans.

Beans were her least favourite food in the whole world. The thought of them made her want to throw up. Ever since she was eating one as a child and it popped in her mouth, she could no longer bear them.

'Hmm,' she thought as she began combining the dye and the baked beans into the large bowl and started to stir the ingredients. 'I wonder what will happen if I mix my favourite colour and my least favourite food together? What could the reaction be?'

She was a bit confused that nothing much happened to her concoction except the orange beans were now bright pink and the sauce smelled even worse than usual.

She decided to combine some flour, artichokes and moisturising cream and then cook it in the microwave for a few minutes.

Melanie thought that some amazing reaction might occur once the mix had been heated. She removed the bowl from the oven and looked at it.

It was lumpy, off-colour and very smelly. Melanie looked at it quizzically before glancing at the clock. It had now been two hours since she began her little experiment.

'Well, that was a failure but at least I passed some time and I'm not bored anymore!' She declared to no one in particular.

I really wonder how Melanie passed a university degree in chemistry. She really is mad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Written for the Duck Duck Goose forum game. Just a really random drabble...I hope you enjoy it. xD