Eat

One and Only

It ate at you. You could feel it dissolving the nature and beauty of your mind. Imagine a hurricane - yeah, that was you. Your head felt fuzzy, didn't it? Like the wind and leaves and sand made whirlwinds in the veins in your head and all you could think about was the thing causing it. I don't blame you. When you do it all the time, how can you find something else to distract you?

It destroyed you, didn't it? And you thought it was improving you? Every time you left home to go out with your friends who took you to those places and kept you involved? Of course at that time it wasn't a problem. It was to have fun. But then you went too far. The hurricane reached inland. It ran out of water and heat to grow. You stayed incognito for a while. I didn't see you. They didn't take you out anymore because they knew, but you didn't.

Why'd you crave it so much? I think you wanted something to keep your life exciting. I mean, all you really had going for you was everything. You were smart. You had the chance to be friends with anyone. I remember that kid telling you that you could be popular if you talked more. Once you started at that party in the secluded house, you wanted it more. If you wanted attention so bad, why didn't you tell me. I would have given it to you.

It was my fault. I didn't love you as much as I should have. I didn't take care of you. It was my job. The reason why I'm here is for you. I arranged my life around you, but not enough. I shouldn't have gone out. Or threatened to leave once you started. My one and only was you, and your one and only was...