Status: Active

Subtle As A Shotgun, Heavy As A Brick

Sleep Is For The Weak

“so what happens now?” she asked me as we left the airport and made our way back to the bus.

“now, we have a 2 hour drive to our hotel for the night” I answered her and she nodded. I slid my arm around her waist as we got in the car and kissed her head, knowing everyone including me would soon fall asleep.

Dreaming was impossible, however, as I kept falling in and out of a light sleep. I heard Matt voice the question, “have yeh told ‘im yet?”

I thought he was speaking to me, but just before I opened my eyes, I heard Evalynn reply “no, not yet.”

“and why’s that, love?”

“he doesn’t need to know” she spoke quietly.

“bullshit, he doesn’t need tah know. Evalynn, juss tell ‘im. I’m positive he’ll feel the same.” He yawned.

“he does not, I am perfectly fine living in denial of my feelings” she joked and matt muttered something under his breath, “yeh two are the most difficult people I’ve evah met”

***


After the show, we found Evalynn backstage and went back to our bus to finally get some sleep. I took a shower and when I came out Evalynn was sitting on one of the couches on her laptop. I sat next to her and threw my arm over her shoulders. “hey, love?”

“yeah?” she said closing her laptop.

“what was Matty talking bout in tha car before?”

“what do you mean?” she asked.

“when he asked if yeh told me yet. What’d you have tah tell meh?”

“oh, uhm, nothing, it was just something stupid” she fumbled with her words.

“yeh can tell meh anyfing love” I told her, and I meant it too. She just nodded. “I’m tired, yeh wanna come lay wif meh?”

“sure” she said as we got into my bunk. As I was straightening out the blankets, she put her hand on my stomach. “I like this one” she said, pointing to the wolf on the left side of my torso.

“me too. I fink that’s my favorite” I admitted and we climbed under the blankets to escape the cold.

“do you want me to leave so you can get some sleep? You must be exhausted.” She said as I pulled her close to my chest.

“I sleep bettah when yeh wif meh”

***


When I woke up, Ev was still sleeping soundly on my chest. I gently felt around the bunk for my phone, trying not to wake her. It was only 4:30 a.m. which meant everyone else was probably asleep. Silently calculating the time difference, I texted Tom. How are things going at Drop Dead?

I probably should have remembered to turn the volume off before sending it because when he answered, the noise woke her. “I’m sorreh, I was tryin’ to be quiet”

“it’s okay.” She whispered. “Is everyone else still asleep?”

“I fink so, it’s 4:30 in tha morning.” She nodded and stretched her arms out. Her stomach growled and I laughed. “wanna see if we can find some food at this hour?”

“yes please” she chuckled and climbed out of my bed. I grabbed a shirt and took her hand in mine. We walked down the dimly-lit streets until we found a McDonalds. We ordered our food and sat down at a table in the nearly empty restaurant.

“so, how are yeh likin’ this touring thing?” I asked her, popping a few french fries in my mouth.

“I love it! Are you kidding? It’s so much fun!” she exclaimed and I laughed at her cuteness. It took so little to make her happy.

“we’ve onleh got a week’s worth of shows left, and then a break fo’ Christmas, but yeh can come wif us tha next time if yeh’d ilke” I offered.

“okay” she smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks everyone who commented! i ♥ you all (:
five stars! you guys are amazing! ♥ ♥ ♥
also i changed the pictures for evalynn and oli, so check those out,
there's cuteness coming in the next chapter! :O