A Scorpion Jedi Knight

Chapter 19

...You feel someone behind you so you turn around and it is Anakin smirking.

"You over heard didn't you?"

"Yes I did."

"Anakin, I was going to tell you with Padme around. That is why I didnt tell you yet."

"Sorry, but that would have been tomorrow"

"Yes, Abuto is already asleep and I don't want to wake her up and don't tell Padme about the engagement before I do."

"Will do by the way when is the quidditch game?"

"In two days, why?"

"Just checking"

"Whatever."

Anakin leaves and you see Obi-wan coming out but since he is in the old and very unfamiliar to you. You dont know how he would react to the news. Obi-wan spots you guys and comes up.

"Hi," he starts. "Brigitte, can I talk to you?"

"Sure, Obi-wan."

"Okay we need a private area."

You follow Obi-wan and you know Kaiba might get worried about you.

"Obi-wan, what is this about?"

"About you and Seto Kaiba, I'm just curious but the old Jedi counsel fears that you relationship might be dangerous."

"Okay, what do you have questions on?"

"How often do you see him usually?"

"Not that often with the USA putting me on missions and him being a workaholic we hardly get time together. When we do see each other we make the most time of it because it never lasts. I trust him not to cheat on me and I don't cheat on him."

"So is your attachment strong to him?"

"If you mean in bond yes if not a bond then no. We both agree if we love each other we would have to let each of us do our own thing as long as it doesn't strain the relationship. To love someone means you also have to let them go for awhile."

"So in other words you are attracted but yet are detached???"

"I guess you could say that."

"Well okay, it does seem like you guys do care for each other and would do the right thing for the other person. Like yesterday when he wouldn't consent."

"Oh that yeah, and when his workaholic gets too bad I put my foot down on it because it strains the relationship so bad that he hardly pays attention to Mokuba or me. I know when I'm on missions I try and make time to talk to either Seto or Mokuba even though it maybe for a week before I contact them but it lets them know I'm alive and I still care about them."

"How far have you guys..."

"We were close but we always gotten called into work before we could progress any further."

"Okay"

"Obi-wan as long as you can keep this a secret for right now I can tell you."

"About what because I'm not promising."

"Seto, proposed to me over dinner tonight and I accepted. Seto and I are engaged. Can you keep that a secret for a couple of days before I go public about this? I have a feeling that a press conference will come up soon."

"Sure, no problem. You two seem very well suited for each other and I know you are in the new order which allows marriage. I have no problem with it."

"Good, because I didn't know how you would take it."

"As long as the relationship is like it is now there should be no problem."

"Thanks"

"No problem."

You go back to Seto and Obi-wan goes the other way.

"So what did Obi-wan say?" Seto inquires.

"He had no problem with it. Either way he was curious about the relationship we have so you could have came along," you reply.

"Oh well. I think it is 'bed' time."

You lift your eye brows and leave you guys are getting ready when a someone knocks your door. You open it and it is...