‹ Prequel: A Muggle at Hogwarts
Status: <------- If you haven't read the prequel :)

Another Year at Hogwarts

Chapter Forty: Home

The sun was just hovering over Hogwarts as Harry, Hermione, Ron, Draco and I stood upon the crumbling bridge in front of Hogwarts. I stood beside Draco, our hands locked in one another as we faced the trio.

“That looks painful,” Ron said as I stared at the scar on my left arm.

“It’s all right. It doesn’t hurt. Hopefully it doesn’t stick when I return home,” I said with a weak smile.

“Do you really have to go?” Hermione asked with tears welling in her eyes.

“Y—yeah,” I nodded. “The last time I was here, I was in the hospital because I had gotten into a car accident. I can’t imagine what happened to me this time, and…I can’t let my family worry about me. It…I can’t do that to my parents or my sister…”

“It must be difficult for the two of you,” Harry commented as he glanced down at Draco and my locked hands. “After everything you two have been through…this—it isn’t fair.”

“T—thank you, Potter,” Draco hesitantly said. “But,” he said as he turned to me, “at least we have this short time together.”

“Yeah, at least we have that,” I smiled as I leaned my head on Draco’s shoulder.

“Violet!” Hermione exclaimed as she slipped from Ron and hurried towards me. I, too, stepped away from Draco and welcomed Hermione’s hug. “I’m going to miss you, Violet.”

“Same here, Hermione,” I replied. I then sighed heavily as I slipped away from her and looked to Ron. I then hurried over to him and hugged him.

“It won’t be the same here without you, Violet,” Ron said.

I then parted from him and then turned to Harry. He was looking down at his feet, and as I glanced at him, he finally looked up at me. I could see that he was trying to hold back tears.

“Harry Potter,” I smiled as I slowly approached him.

“Violet Bell,” Harry said with a shaken voice.

When I was in arm reach, Harry reached out and took my hand. He slowly pulled me towards him and then wrapped his arms around me. He held me tightly, and I could hear him breathing heavily.

“I don’t want you to go, Violet,” Harry said. “I can’t let you leave.”

“I have to Harry,” I said. “We have all our roles to play, and I’ve finished what I had to do here. It’s time for me to go home.”

He parted from me, and a sad smile came onto his face as he reached his hand up and brushed aside a tear. He gave me a kiss upon my forehead, then said, “Take care of yourself, Violet.”

I nodded and then walked back towards Draco. He was the last one I had to bid goodbye to.

“Well,” he sighed, “this is it.”

“Yeah, it is,” I sobbed. “I’m going to really miss you.”

Draco sighed heavily before he reached out and pulled me in for a deep kiss. It didn’t matter that Harry and the others were there. This was our last moment together.

I exhaled heavily as Draco and I parted. Tears were threatening to stream from my eyes Draco pulled me into his arms.

“Why is it that you’re always on the break of tears whenever you’re around me?” Draco said jokingly. But then he held me tighter and whispered to me, “I love you so much, Violet. And even if you’re not here, I’ll always love you.”

I nodded my head and slowly parted from him. I then took his hand and places a kiss upon the silver ring on his left hand. “I love you, too, Draco,” I said looking up at him. “Always—I’ll always love you as well.”

I then slipped my wand from his and walked passed him. I reached into my pocket and pulled out the vile containing the potion Snape had made. With a heavy sigh, I took the bottle and threw it at the ground before me. There was a suddenly flash of light, and then a Universal Portal appeared before me. And before I stepped through, I turned back around and stared at the four people behind me.

“Goodbye,” I said and then stepping into the portal.

* * *

I groaned as a bright light shined in my face. I slowly brought my hand up and shielded my eyes.

I heard a gasp from the room, and immediately opened my eyes to see who it was. To my astonishment, it was Elliot Kingston.

“Violet!” he exclaimed as he rose to his feet. “You—you’re awake!”

“What are you doing here, Elliot?” I asked.

He looked at me baffled. “You’re accent’s gone!” he exclaimed. “Wait—I mean, that doesn’t matter. I have to tell Tommy!” he shouted as he raced towards the door.

“Wait, ‘Tommy’?” I asked. “Who’s that? And, where are my parents and sister?” I asked.

“Right!” Elliot said before he exited the room. “I’ll tell them, too. I’ll give them a call and be back as soon as I can!”

I inhaled deeply as I sat up in bed and patted my hand down. A smile couldn’t help but come upon my face as I stared around the room. There were flowers all over the place—a lot more than I had expected.

How long have I been in here? I thought to myself.

I reached over to the nightstand beside me, where a bouquet of red roses were, and grabbed the card. As I scanned the card and reached the end, my eyes widened in astonishment.

“Elliot,” I said as the door creaked open, “this card says that these flowers are from—” I immediately stopped when I saw the person standing in the doorway with a bouquet of white roses.

“Hello,” the tall, slim man with dark brown hair said as he walked into the room.

“You—you’re Tom Felton!” I exclaimed. “W—why are you here?”

“I was the one who bumped into you when you were coming out of the shop,” Tom said as he walked over and placed the new flowers down. “You hit you head when you fell and have been knocked down since then.”

“So,” I said scratching my head, “how long have I been here, exactly?”

“Just a little bit over a week,” Tom answered as he took a seat in a chair beside the bed.

“Wait,” I said as I shifted towards him. “So, you’ve been here for almost a week just because you knocked me out when we bumped into each other? Do you do this often with strangers?” I asked.

“Well, Elliot’s my mate,” Tom replied. “He came here when you were first hospitalized and I tagged along. Just…started coming here, too.”

“You really didn’t have to,” I replied. “Sorry for troubling you so much.”

Tom smiled widely. “No trouble at all. I actually enjoyed spending time with your family. They’re all really nice. Your sister seems to be quite a Draco Malfoy fan.”

I laughed at this. “More like she’s obsessed with Draco.”

“I heard you liked him, too,” Tom grinned.

I could feel my face reddening as he said this. I didn’t know what to say to him because I wasn’t expecting him to say that. Also, heaven knows what else my parents—what Karen—had told him.

Tom suddenly began to chuckled. “Embarrassed about what your family might have told me?”

“Just a little bit. Actually, scratch that. I’m terrified about what they might have said to you,” I confessed.

“Well, I promise you it wasn’t so bad.”

Just then, the door opened and a tall, thin girl with long brown hair popped into the room. She immediately looked at Tom and said, “Hey Tom, we have to get going. You’re interview is in an hour and we have to get you ready.”

“Oh, yeah,” Tom nodded. “By the way, this is Jade, Violet. She’s my girlfriend.”

“Oh!” Jade exclaimed as she turned to me. “You’re finally awake. H—how are you feeling?” she asked.

“I’m fine, thank you,” I answered. I then turned back to Tom and said, “You should probably go. It seems like you have something important to get to.”

Tom’s smile faded as he turned away to Jade. “Hey, Jade. Could you just give us a moment? I’ll be out in just a bit.”

“Of course. I’ll be in the car.” Jade then turned to me and smiled. “It was a pleasure meeting you, Violet. And I’m glad that you’re all right.” With that, she left.

Tom hesitantly got up from his seat and walked over to my bedside. He looked down at me with Draco’s similar sapphire eyes and said, “Um…this—this may sound very strange, but um… Well, did you want to grab a drink with me once you get out?” Tom variously asked.

“I—I don’t know,” I replied. “I’m from the states, so…we might be heading back once I’m not of here,” I said.

“Well, I would really like to grab a drink with you if you have time—whether it be before you leave for the states or once you’re well enough to. Just ask Elliot for my number,” Tom smiled as he headed for the door. As he opened it though, he turned back to me and said, “I’m sorry, but I have to ask you this before I leave: have we ever met before all of this? Before I ran into you at the shop?”

“No, I don’t think so,” I smiled. “Not as Tom Felton, at least,” I whispered with an even wider smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone who has stayed with me for the last 2-some years. I can't tell you all how much I appreciate everything you all have done. Thank you.

If you guys enjoyed A Muggle at Hogwarts and Another Year at Hogwarts, please stay tuned for my next stories:

The Untold Tale of Mr. Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice fan-fiction, it takes place a little but before Mr. Darcy leaves to stay with Mr. Bingley at Netherfield Park and during the time Darcy meets the Bennets. It's the love story between Mr. Darcy and a new maid at Pemberley named Roxanne.

The Gryffindor Princess: A spin off—and possible series—of A Muggle at Hogwarts and Another Year at Hogwarts, which follows the adventures of Scarlet Angel, starting from when she first met Lily Evans and began her education at Hogwarts.

Forbidden, Unachievable, and Just not Enough: An original story that follows the relationships of high school seniors, who are best friends: Valarie Young, Adriana Johnson and Brooke Scott. Valarie struggles to keep her relationship with English teacher Julian Baker on a strict professional basis. Adriana continues to try and make her feelings known to football player Owen Michaels, while battling the abuse from his girlfriend Lindsay Peters. Brooke fights to keep her new relationship with bookworm Mark Kingsley alive, though the non-existent communication and Brooke's stubbornness seem to be causing quite an issue.