Sand In Your Shoes

falling in love is easy to do.

“Where to next, Pond?” The Doctor said as he danced around the control paddles of his beloved home. Amelia Pond danced with him, but in the other direction.

“Your favourite place in the universe.” She answered while looking up, a dazzling smile on her face.

“Good enough for me!” The man smiled at this, clicked on some buttons and turned some switches. He held on tight, and so did Amy.

Only a few seconds later, the TARDIS landed. She didn't have to go far, for The Doctor's favourite place in the entire universe was never far.
He walked out, Amy following him close by. And when they were outside, Amy passed him, twirling and dancing around. The Doctor laughed and joined her in an instant.

Everyone that visited this place would've reacted like that. It was such a beautiful sight. A normal beach with a lot of sand. A blue ocean that stretched towards the horizon. The horizon was filled with colours, stretching from blue to red to green. When you twirled around and looked behind the TARDIS, all you would see was sand. No mountains, no cities, no one else but The Doctor and Amy.

The man sat down in the sand, watching his beloved companion. She had kicked her sneakers off, and her feet were dancing in the warm water. Her laugh sounded like the singing of an angel. And The Doctor smiled. He knew she was beautiful, but on his favourite spot she was even more beautiful.

“Won't you join me?” She asked him and looked at him. She smiled and ran towards him, he laughed and stretched his hands out towards her. She grabbed them gladly, wanting to pull him up. But The Doctor had other plans; he pulled her right on top of him. She chuckled and stopped breathing for just a slight moment. She looked into his eyes, her mind spinning, debating with itself on what to say.

“You know falling in love is easy to do,” she told him. He stroke through her hair, pressed his lips against hers and rolled over, so he now was on top of her. His mind was spinning. He didn't want to talk any more. Words couldn't define how he felt. Because he was falling, oh, he was falling so, so deep. He couldn't find something to hold on to. She had him, captured inside her heart. There was no way out. He was so lost, but when he felt their lips touching like they were right now, he knew what was going on. He was falling in love with her.