Can't Help But Wish

A good wife.

”No, I won't marry you!” I told him as I sat up on the bed and turned on the lights.
”What? Why not? You do love me, don't you?” He asked and cocked an eyebrow at me.
”Yes, but...”
”Then why not? You know you want to. And besides, we would be married now if we hadn't split up back then!”
”Well, uh, maybe because if we were supposed to be together, we would have never left each other in the first place!” I exclaimed. I got up from the bed and walked furiously to my closet. I pulled out a hoodie and put it on.
”Where are you going?” Zacky asked with a laugh.
”I don't know! This was some sort of a sick plan of yours! You tricked me into having sex with you and then you asked me to fucking marry you, Zacky Baker!” I exclaimed.
”Oh, calm the fuck down. We don't have to get married. Just get in the bed,” He demanded with a laugh.
”No! You... You... You're playing games with me!”
”What? You're acting like I asked you to have a child with me or something.” His voice was full of amusement. And I found nothing funny in the situation.
”You don't just randomly ask people to marry you, okay? Are you out of your mind?” I kept shouting at him.
”I don't understand what's going through your little head right now, but please, just get in the bed.”
”No, no, no! I'm... You're outrageous!”
”No I'm not!” He laughed out loud, ”Look. Forget I even said anything. Let's just sleep. I won't even touch you if you don't want me to. I promise,” He said.
”You better not,” I muttered and slowly walked back to the bed. I got under the sheets and turned off the lights. I turned my back to him and closed my eyes.
”I love you,” He said quietly.
”Shut up.”
”Okay. You'd make a good wife, though...”
”Zacky!”
”Fine, I'm sorry! I was just joking!”

The next morning I woke up when the doorbell rang. My eyes shot wide open and I sat up. Who could it be? Who would come here at this time – WOW! It was THREE in the afternoon for fucks sake! I forced myself out of the bed and made sure I had some clothes on before I walked out of the room and to the front door. As I opened it, my eyes landed on my mother and my son.
”Uh, hi!” I exclaimed and forced a smile on my face. Now, let me tell you something. I didn't want my mother to know that Zacky was there. Only because she would accuse me of ruining Zacky's relationship with Gena which I wasn't going to do, by the way.
”Good morning, Chelsea. Say hi to mommy, Liam,” Mom said to Liam with a smile. Liam ran to me and hugged my thigh. I picked him up from the ground and gave him a big hug.
”So, uh, thanks for bringing him here. See you,” I said quickly and was about to close the door when mom stopped me.
”Nu uh, not so fast,” She said, ”Aren't you going to let me in?”
”No.”
”Well, why not?”
”Because... Uh... I'm in the middle of something important,” I told her.
”Does that something include a man?” She asked and cocked an eyebrow at me.
”Does it matter?” I asked.
”Uh, yeah? Who is it?” Mom asked. She was getting all excited and shit.
”It's just... This one guy. You wouldn't know him,” I said quickly, ”Now, I really need to go.”
”You can't have your son here if you're with some stranger!” Mom said. If only she knew...
”It's fine, mom, really. You don't have to worry about it,” I forced a smile on my face and then closed the door. It almost hit her face. Ouch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the three lovely girls who take their time to comment EVERY TIME I update, you're all so wonderful! This one goes to majoji, paint.it.black. and HannahGatesXx, you cheer me up all the time!