Can't Help But Wish

Sex and the City.

It was a Friday night. A few years ago I would've been at a bar, drinking so much that I'd pass out any second, and having the time of my life.

But that night I was laying on a couch next to my baby and watching Sex and the City.
”Look how pretty Samantha is today!” I exclaimed suddenly and Liam's eyes opened lazily. He wasn't even looking at the TV screen. He didn't even understand what was going on. I didn't blame him, though, he was a boy and Sex and the City was on. Liam opened his mouth and I could hear something like blah blah. Like all the time in Sex and the City, Samantha was shagging someone that night, too. I covered Liam's eyes with my hand.
”You don't have to see this yet,” I murmured quietly and kissed his cheek. He giggled and grabbed my hand, trying to bite me.
”Ow,” I muttered when I heard the doorbell.
”It's open!”

A moment later I saw Zacky standing in the doorway. He looked at us for a moment before his eyes focused on the TV. He narrowed his eyes.
”He can't watch this shit!” Zacky exclaimed in horror. He ran to the TV and turned it off.
”Hey, hey! I was watching it!” I whined.
”My son can't watch bullshit like that,” Zacky said.
”Samantha had just met that one guy and - ”
”Fucked him, eh?”
”Zacky! What are you even doing here?” I asked and cocked an eyebrow.
”I came to pick Liam up. It's my weekend,” He said. Oh. Was it? How did I forget?
”Oh, yeah. Let me just pack his stuff,” I said quickly. I sat up on the couch and picked the baby up. I grinned at him for a moment before handing him to Zacky. Then I walked into the Liam's room and picked up his baby bag from the floor. Zacky had followed me into the room and was now watching me quietly with Liam.
”So how are you? You look good,” He said. I packed my kid a few shirts and stuff like that.
”I'm all right,” I said and finished packing, ”What about you? Is everything alright?”
”Yeah,” He said and nodded, ”Hey, um, do you want to come over tomorrow? Gena said she wants to make dinner. All the guys are coming too.”
”Uh...” Did I want to go there, to Zacky and Gena's place, and watch as they acted like a family with Liam in front of everyone? No, not really.
”Come on, Chelsea, everyone wants to see you. Val told me she misses you,” Zacky said.
”Eh...”
”Alright, you're coming. Tomorrow at six,” Zacky said with a smile as he took the bag from my hand. I went to kiss Liam's cheek quickly before they left.

It wasn't like I didn't see Val or the guys from Avenged Sevenfold anymore. I just didn't see them as much as I used to when I was still together with Zack. I didn't feel like I was part of their little group anymore because I wasn't dating Zack. And Gena was always with them, too, so I didn't really want to be there when she was.

That night I didn't sleep very good. I never did when I was alone. I needed someone to be there when I slept because that just made me feel comfortable.

So the next morning, when I woke up, after sleeping for just a few hours, I was really tired. I forced myself out of the bed and got in the shower. It took me hours to get ready for the dinner. And when it was almost six, I got in to my car.

Why did I feel like the night wouldn't be so comfortable? Why did I have the feeling that it would suck badly to see Gena and Zacky together?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you paint.it.black. very much for the very first comment on this story!