Can't Help But Wish

Shut up.

Zacky and I went out one night. My mom promised to take care of Liam and I wanted to get some alone time with Zacky. Not as in having sex or anything, no, I just wanted to talk about his relationship with Gena. Because obviously they didn't have such an amazing relationship. And I thought that maybe I could help them. To be honest, I didn't even know why I wanted to help them. I didn't really want them to have a good relationship, or did I? I didn't really know what I wanted.

When it got late, I went to pick up Zacky from their place. Gena was out somewhere with her friends, so Zacky didn't need to explain where he was going. He got in my car and looked at me with a grin.
”I'm kind of scared, you know,” He said with a laugh, ”I haven't been in your car in years!”
”What's that supposed to mean?”
”You can't drive a car, babe. I'm horrified when my son is in the car when you're driving.”
”Hey, hey!” I glared at him.
”Keep your eyes on the road, honey,” He told me and kept his eyes glued on the road. Was he really that terrified? I wasn't a bad driver. At least not THAT bad.
”Remember that one time I let you borrow my car? I nearly shat my pants when you almost hit that tree!” He told me with a grin.
”Shut up.”
”I'm only joking, babe.” He moved his hand to my thigh and THAT'S when I almost hit a tree. What was he doing? Didn't he remember that he had a girlfriend or was he just out of his mind?

Instead of going to a restaurant, we just decided to go to a bar. And for the next few hours we drank a few beers and shots and talked.
”What exactly are you doing, Zacky?” I asked and put down an empty bottle of beer.
”What do you mean? I'm obviously in a bar with my ex girlfriend.”
”Are you going to break up with Gena?” I asked.
”Do you want me to break up with her?” He asked and cocked an eyebrow.
”That doesn't matter. But you can't keep coming back to me if you're with her,” I told him.
”If I broke up with her, would you be my girlfriend again?” He asked. He wasn't even joking, he was being 100% serious.
”I don't know.” Because I honestly didn't know. I really felt bad for Gena. Obviously she had a horrible boyfriend. Zacky did all sorts of things behind her back which wasn't fair. Well, of course I was one to blame, too. It wasn't like Zacky had been cheating on her with himself. He had done it with me, so I guess you could blame me too. But hey, I was trying to tell Zacky that what he was doing was wrong.
”I don't even remember why we broke up. But... I don't want anyone to ever hurt you. And I want you. I guess I still love you,” He admitted and finished his beer.
”Uh...”
”Give me a kiss,” He said quietly and leaned closer to me over the table. I didn't know what to say so I did as told and kissed him quickly.
”If... If you love me, then why are you with Gena?” I asked.
”Because when we broke up, I really needed someone. And she was there. I guess I don't know how to live without a woman,” He admitted with a shrug.
”This is getting too serious,” I told him.
”I don't care. Look, we're supposed to be together. We have Liam. Don't you think he wants us to be together, too?”
”Look, Zacky, what exactly are you trying to say?” I asked. Because he wasn't making sense.
”I'm trying to tell you how much you mean to me. I didn't understand that before that one night when we slept together. But now I do. I really do understand how amazing and perfect you are,” He murmured quietly as he held my hand in his.
”You can't... You can't talk to me like that if you're dating someone else, okay?”
”Chelsea. Shut up, okay? I'm getting tired of you telling me what is right and what is wrong. I'm not even trying to do what is right. I'm doing what I want and feel like,” He told me.
”Okay.”
”Can we, like, pretend that I'm not dating Gena? That sounds good to me.”
”You're, like, five years older than me but still you act like a teenager. You can't pretend that you haven't been cheating on your girlfriend,” I told him.
”Chelsea! What did I just say? Now, we're going to your place and you won't even mention her name.”

Aye, aye captain!
♠ ♠ ♠
A big thanks to the two lovely girls who take time to comment on this story, majoji and paint.it.black., you are awesome! And everyone else, thank you for reading and don't be too shy to leave a comment! I will love you forever if you do that ;)