Sequel: Reprobate Romance
Status: Finished

I Hate To Be The One To Bear The Bad News

Back To Black

"And I'll have an iced passion fruit tea, sweetened please" I smiled, trying to find my wallet.

"Your total is $7.85" I was about to hand a ten to the cashier until Ronnie stepped in front of me and paid for everything.

"I got it babe." He shot me a cute smile and handed the women his credit card. She blushed, taking the Visa. I could tell she knew who he was. Most people do.

Ronnie woke me up this morning, it was my birthday. He sang me a little happy birthday until I started blushing and asking him to stop. My birthdays always get me in a funky mood. I'm excited, but I'm always afraid everything is just going to go wrong.

I held my hand out to him, we walked over to the pick-up area of Starbucks. People were staring at us, mostly the two younger girls with bad dye jobs. They had teased hair and bananas around their necks. They topped their look off with big round sunglasses that were much too big for them.

The two girls stared me down, giving me the death glare every now and then. The line was extremely long as always so I couldn't just grab my drink and leave them to bitch about Ronnie Radke's girlfriend. I had to stand there and listen to them whisper about me. I shouldn't be so uptight about it but ever since... Max.. I feel like everyone is judging me. Like they know something.

I still hadn't told Ronnie. Its not like I've just forgotten about it, I feel more guilty then ever. Every time Ronnie holds my hand, or kisses me and tells me how wonderful I am.. my stomach chruns. I don't know how long I can keep this up.

He squeezed my hand, bringing me out of my thought.

"They've got nothing on you" He kissed my cheek. The guilt hit me like I was just sucker punched. I'm sure they would be faithful to you. I'm sure they wouldn't touch another man if they had you.

"Iced passion tea and a chocolate mocha!" The busy workers of Starbucks yelled our order. Ronnie grabbed both of them, handing me my tea. We made our way through the people ordering coffee and scones and walked out into the fresh Vegas Air.

--

Ronnie's POV;

I must be doing something wrong, she's been so spacey and distant since we had sex. Its like she's always thinking about something other then me. Her mind is always on something else. Always.

I dug around in my pocket for a lighter, I needed a cigarette dude.

I lifted the lighter to the end of the cigarette that was hanging from my lips, and flicked it on. I stared at Delia while she sipped on her tea, still in dream land as always. Its like I didn't even know her anymore.

"So, " Smoke poured from my mouth "What do you wanna do birthday girl" She turned at me and smiled a bit.

"Uh. Well we already got Starbucks, so can we just go home" She sounded anxious. I couldn't believe she wanted to go home already, we haven't even been out of the house for an hour and its only 2:34pm.

"You sure? It's your birthday Dee, we can do whatever you want" I inhaled some more smoke as we walked down the busy street of downtown Las Vegas, heading towards our car that was parked on the street.

"I know but I just wanna chill out for a while." Her voice squeeked a bit when her phone beeped from inside her pocket. I took a sip of my coffee,peeking up at her. She suddenly stopped in the middle of the sidewalk, staring at her phone.

"What is it?" I stood there looking at her through my sunglasses. She looked up at me like I was some stranger asking her a question. She scratched her head and smiled nervously at me,

"N-nothing. A friend of mine just texted me about their one night stand. Its nothing" Her body sped past me and opened the car door, getting in and slamming it shut.

Sighing heavily, I walked over to the drivers side and slid into our little black car. We've only had this one a year, its a plain black Mercedes. Delia bought it for me last Christmas when I got my licence after being an idiot and waiting years to do anything with my life.

"Are you okay? Did I do something..?" I looked at her and placed my hand on her thigh. She flinched when our skin touched, shaking my hand off.

"S-sorry. I'm fine, really. Just tired. you know how I am on birthdays" She gave me a reassuring look, then her eyes went straight back to her cell phone.

I feel so empty with her. Its like she doesn't love me back anymore. Like she has someone else. I tried to shake the thought from my head and started up the car.

Gorgeous Nightmare blared from the speakers. Really. Fuck. Fuck Max, fuck Craig, fuck everyone. Fuck all of them. I felt like throwing up from this song, from it being on the radio in my car. I hated Maxwell Green more then anything, the things I would do to him if I ever saw him again. That was my band, without me they would have been nothing.

I quickly shut the radio off, pressing the button a little to hard. Delia gulped, staring out the window, holding her phone tight in her hands. What is it about that phone.

And I woke up in a good mood.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun, what do you think is on her phone? This will be an interesting birthday for everyone.