Sequel: Reprobate Romance
Status: Finished

I Hate To Be The One To Bear The Bad News

City Of Sin

Standing out in the dark of the night was Maxwell Scott Green.

"What the fuck Maxwell! I told you not to come!" I whispered as much as I could without screaming at him.

He stared up into my eyes, slightly giggling to himself. If he thinks this is some sort of funny game he can play.. he's got another thing coming to him. He was almost camouflaged into the dark night, wearing all black clothing. The only thing that stood out was his perfect pale skin.

"I'm coming up" He walked over to the tree that was planted outside Maggie's second story windows I was hanging out of. It was like a teen angst movie scene I've seen so many times before.

"You've got to be joking! Everyone, and I repeat everyone is downstairs waiting for me" My anger didn't change a thing. He just snickered harder and climbed the tree. I couldn't do anything. Oh god. What if someone sees him, what if someone comes in, what if he falls..

I grabbed his hand, pulling him from the tree and into the window. He practically fell on top of me when pulling his leg from the window sill. We were both in awkward positions on the floor behind Maggie's bed, trying not to make any noise.

Groaning, I started to push him off of me.

"Sor-" He started to apologize to me when I slapped my hand over his chapped. lips. I heard someone walking in the hall way, moving closer and closer to the bedroom door.

I had my eyes on his, shaking my head at him. Please don't move. Don't make a sound.

*Knock!Knock!Knock!* My eyelids squeezed shut, my heart rate sped up. This can not be happening. It's like everything I wished for not to happen, is happening.

"J-just a minute!" I yelled, trying to stall the mystery person from walking in. My voice was obviously startled and nervous.

"Everyone's asking for you! Hurry up lame balls" Maggie slurred, she sounded a bit drunk so that was sort of a good sign..Thank God it was just her checking in. I did have to go downstairs sometime, I couldn't just hide up here with Max forever, but it did buy me sometime to figure out what I was going to do.

My heart rate slowed down as I heard her going back down the hallway, away from the bedroom Max and I were in. Both of us relaxed from our uncomfortable and tense positions.

"Jesus fucking Christ. You have to go, now" I stood up, brushing my dress off and once again pacing around the room.

Max walked over to the window, looking outside.

"Uh what are you waiting for? Climb back onto the tree Jacob Black"

I compare people to Twilight characters too much..

Max looked back at me, making an awkward face and biting his lip.

"Doesn't look like I can go out the way I came in.." He sighed heavily, sitting down on the bed and pointing to the windows. I walked over, peeking outside, seeing tons and I repeat TONS of people outside Maggie's house, dancing and socializing. Waiting for the birthday girl, waiting for me.

"I can't believe this" I hit my forehead lightly against the wall a couple times. This honestly was like a teenage angst movie from the 80's. Everything about it, even my outfit for tonight. I smiled to myself, thinking about all the crazy things that happen in my favorite movies.

I turned back to Max who was holding out a red velvet box.

"Happy Birthday" His horse voice made my heart beat.

I cocked my head to the left, and tiptoed over to him, opening the little box he held in his tattooed hand.

"O-oh. wow" Sitting inside was a simple silver bracelet with a stretched heart charm hanging from one of the loops. It was gorgeous, so plain and simple but so perfect. It fit my personality to a T. I was just a complete jerk and all he wanted to do was see me. He risked his ass getting possibly beat by many people, just to give me a birthday gift. I'm an asshole.

I bit my lip, staring at the little heart. My teary eyes locked to his, he slightly smiled at me and took the bracelet out of the box.

His cold fingers traced mine, I wanted so badly to just kiss him until I could barely breathe. I missed him desperately, I did but kissing him right now, right here, would cause even more problems for me. He placed light kisses onto my wrist before putting the bracelet on. Something about those lip rings of his dragging across my soft skin drove me insane.

He finally let go, causing me to shake myself out of the sensual thought and look down at the perfect gift he bought me, It fit perfectly. I loved it.

I didn't know what to say at all, I couldn't even bare to get the words thank you out of my mouth. I wanted to kiss his lips so badly, that's all I wanted. We stared into each others eyes for a while, I finally took his hand and squeezed it, letting him know I loved what he's done for me.

--
I loved just thoughtlessly staring into someones eyes, especially Max's. They were the most beautiful green I had ever seen. They told such a story.

Our little moment was interrupted by a huge crash from downstairs.. which reminded me we needed to get Max out of her before things got out of hand and everyone goes home, leaving no crowd to hide Max in as we sneak him out of the house.

"Come on, we l have to get you out of here" Still holding my hand, he nodded and we walked over the the bedroom door. I inhaled deeply as I turned the doorknob.

My eyes scanned from left to right checking if the coast was clear, no one was in the hall way. That's a good start. I tugged on Max's hand, not looking back at him and slowly walked down the hall. Everything was quiet until we hit the top of the stairs.

"Shit" Slipped from my lips. This was going to be impossible. I only could see tiny bit of the living room but in that tiny view I could see tons of bodies dancing, drinking, and making complete fools out of themselves.

"We have to go through the back door, no one ever uses it." Max just stared at me, confused.

"And we're the back door.." I felt his fingers caressing mine that were still tangled with his.

"J-just follow me, and don't make eye contact with anyone"

Max nodded at me again as we made our way down the steep spiral stairs of Maggie's house. The lights were dark and people were hanging all over the stairs. We blended right in.

The music was even louder when we hit the floor. My eyes drifted around, looking for Ronnie. Hoping he wasn't right in front of us. I dragged Max through the dancing people, and over to the little laundry room where the back door was located.

--

Walking into the laundry room was like walking into a Circus. Tons of birthday bags and boxes were wrapped and addressed to me, sitting on the floor in piles. I guess this is where they're hiding all of my gifts.. not much of a secret anymore. It was a little quieter in here, but someone could walk in at anytime so I had to get Max out that door fast.

"I'm guessing we won't be able to see each other anymore.." Disappointment fell from Max's lips, eyes, and entire self. I felt awful.

I still hadn't let go of his hand, I didn't want to.

"as you can tell I'm not very good at sneaking around...." My eyes were on my feet.

"So, no.." My heart was literally aching knowing I wouldn't be able to see him for who knows how long. I loved him so much, I honestly did. I will forever remember the time we spent together no matter what.

Our hands parted as Max opened to back door. I wanted so badly to run after him and tell him not to leave me. I wanted to be with him, forever. I wanted to go to bed next to him and wake up next to him. but I also wanted that with Ronnie.

"I love you" Max's light confession killed me.

"I-I love you too" Before I could do anything, he was gone into the night, leaving me sad and alone in the room filled with gifts for me, for my birthday. speaking of birthday, I was in no mood to drink or talk to people who didn't care one bit about me or how I felt.

Locking the door, I turned around ready to finally show up for my party. I had a feeling I wouldn't be showing anytime soon when I saw Ronnie, standing in the door way with tear filled eyes.

"R-ronnie, it's not what it looks like" That line was from so many sad love stories I could have spit when it fell from my mouth. It was a lie too. It was exactly what it looked like, I loved Max.

But I loved Ronnie too.
♠ ♠ ♠
This sucks I know ugh. COMMENT PEEC N BLESSINS

http://www.mibba.com/journals/read/265402/ [READ PLZ]