Status: Finished :)

Taking Down the Sunrise

Thirteen

“Just for the record, you are aware that your girlfriend is a psycho, yes?” Avery said, a small smile on his lips as they headed to Defence Against the Dark Arts. “I mean, I understand her in theory. But I must say, she’s quite an anomaly. A girl who doesn’t want to go slow? You’re living the dream and you’re living it wrong.”

Severus rolled his eyes, “Lily means the world to me. A concept you could never understand given that you think with your penis and not your brain.”

“You don’t think with your brain either, dumb shit. You think with your heart. Your mushy little girl’s heart,” He replied coolly, “Honestly, how did you get into Slytherin again?”

Shrugging, Severus said, “Must have been my heritage.”

“If the hat went by your last name, Black would be in Slytherin. But he’s not, thank god, and yet for some reason you are,”

“Just because I like a girl does not mean I’m not worthy of being a Slytherin. I’m still ambitious. I still have that cunning nature that Salazar was so fond of and I do value blood class above all else.”

“So the reason your girlfriend’s a Mudblood is...?”

“Shut up.”

***

“I hear there’s trouble in paradise?” James questioned as he slid into the seat next to Lily. She glanced at him boredly and then went back to her work. He persisted despite the hatred that seemed to radiate from her, “Seriously, I heard you and Snivellus going at it. As a concerned friend I would like to know what’s going on.”

“As a sneaky asshole who is trying to undermine my confidence in my choice of boyfriends, I am sure you would love to know what is going on. As a concerned friend?” Lily snorted, “I’m not sure there’s enough make-up in the world that could make you look the part.”

James licked his lips and watched her as she went back to her work. The words she was scrawling across the page were far from magical and much too formal for them to be part of a letter. “What are you writing?”

“None of your business.”

“Lil, I think you know that-”

“James, leave me the fuck alone,”

The words came out louder than Lily had intended them to and half of the class turned to look at the two of them. James blinked and stayed silent, but only long enough for the majority of the class to lose interest in their conversation. “If you wanted me to do that, then you wouldn’t have kissed me that night.”

“I was scared, James.” Lily said, “Do you understand scared? I was terrified of finally getting what I wanted and because I knew how much Severus loves me, I had to make sure it really was what I wanted. You will never tell anyone what happened before I left to see Sev because it doesn’t matter. I don’t love you.”

“You love him?”

“Always.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Possibly the shortest chapter in this story so far, I didn't check but I'll assume. It is a filler, so I hope you can forgive me, but it's sweet so hopefully forgiving me isn't that hard? I will be updately weekly on Sundays from now on. When we have Christmas break it might speed up, it might not, I'm really not too sure. So thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting :)
-Pigzxo