Status: Finished :)

Taking Down the Sunrise

Four

She kissed him. Gently at first, as if she didn’t want him to break. Then she let go, pushed her fiery red hair out of her face and smiled at him. Her soft fingers caressed his face. She threw herself on him again, kissing with more passion, tangling her fingers up in his hair. Somehow, she wanted him. Somehow, just by looking at him, she could tell him she loved him.

“Severus.”

“Severus.”


“Severus! You ass!” Mulciber exclaimed, hitting Severus in the face with a pillow. Severus stirred, groaned and rolled over to go back to sleep. Mulciber rolled his eyes, “You know if you’re late one more time McGonagall’s going to kill you, right?”

Severus groaned again and pulled himself up using the emerald green curtains that hung from the top of the bed. He fingered his lips lightly and swore to himself. It had never happened. It had all been a dream and a really good one at that.

He looked up into Mulciber’s ugly face and then rolled out of bed. He had missed breakfast. He didn’t need a clock to know that much. For Mulciber to come by his bed and wake him up it had to be only a couple of minutes until the bell.

“Do you think she’ll mind if I show up in my pyjamas?”

Mulciber shrugged, “Why don’t you try it and see?”

***

In truth, wearing his pyjamas to Transfiguration was an insolent idea and was likely to get him detention for a week. Severus, in truth, was really never in trouble unless it was because of Potter and his group of friends. But, that morning he had been woken from the most realistic dream of his life to be told it hadn’t happened. Getting detention for wearing his pyjamas really did not seem like much of a thing to worry about.

And there was an added bonus of the fact that Lily did a double take when she saw him in the hallway.

“Severus,” She called, half amused and half concerned, “Are you sure you didn’t forget anything today?”

He smiled to himself and shook his head. He refused to turn around to see that look on her face, the one that always made him want her, as he replied, “I just didn’t want to get dressed today. Is there a law against that?”

She laughed, “No, but McGonagall is going to kill you.”

“Now I know there is something in muggle law that prevents people from killing each other, right? Especially over frivolous things like pyjamas?” Severus replied with sprinkled sarcasm. He smiled as he turned to her and asked, “What’s it called when people do that again?”

“Murder,” Lily responded, unable to help the smile that spread across her lips, “It’s a pretty common word in the language of wizards as well, Severus.”

He smiled and nodded as if he was trying to remember something. Lily watched him as he stood there, not bothered at all by her teasing. She remembered the day she had met him and the look on his face then. He had called her special.

The bell rang and shot her out of her reverie. She cursed rather loudly and bolted down the corridor as Severus headed the other way. He was mentally counting down the seconds to the end of the bell and wondering why he had never thought to figure out how long it took him to get to Transfiguration. But he knew that he probably had figured it out and was, in truth, too distracted by Lily to remember the number.

As it was he stepped into the classroom at the exact moment the bell finished. All the Slytherin students turned to look at him, smirking slightly in their various patented ways. McGonagall glanced at him and said wearily, “Detention tonight at eight, Mr. Snape.”

“For what?”

“You’re not wearing your uniform during normal school hours,” She replied sharply, “If you wish to challenge me on whether or not that is a regular punishment, you’re welcome to talk to the head of your house. For now, sit down, Mr. Snape.”

“Yes, ma’am.”