Status: in progress

Lost in Temptation

Chapter Three

Lissa’s POV
As I try to process what Christian had said, we started walking to the school’s chapel. It was our hangout. Now that I wasn’t thinking about Rose, I started getting mad; remembering all the things Queen Tatiana wanted me to do. Once we get up to the attic, Christian sits down with his legs spread apart. I sit between them, my back to him, and my head on his chest. It calms me down a little bit but I am still steaming mad. “Why does she think she can just snap her fingers and get me to go anywhere she wants, anytime she wants?” I growl. It was like Christian was reading my mind because he knew I was talking about Tatiana. “Because she’s the queen and because you made a deal with the devil.” I feel his arms wrap around me and I sigh. “For the last few weeks, I’ve done everything she has asked me to do. ‘Vasilisa, please go show this stupid visiting royal around campus.’ ‘Vasilisa please put in some volunteer time with the younger kids. It looks good.’” Christian points out “You would have done the second one willingly.” “Exactly! ‘Willingly’ not being needed to be told what to do. I would try to stand up to her but that is not what I do. I am like ‘Yes Queen. Right away.’” I sigh again. “If only Rose was still here. She would have told off Tatiana if she would have tried to get her to do those things.” Christian laughs and kisses my cheek. “Rose would have gotten herself arrested for treason the first time Tatiana would have tried to ask her to do something.” I smile sadly. “Yeah, she would have.” I sigh. “I miss her so much. I know Adrian is able to know that she is okay because he visits her in her dreams. My healing is getting stronger and the aura seeing is like second nature but no dreams yet. The bad thing is this bond is one way so I don’t know if she is hurt or anything. Do you think I would know if…?” My sentence trails off because I can’t finish it. “Maybe. Maybe not. Rose is fine though. She can take care of herself.” That is what I really loved about Christian; He never lied to me about these kinds of things. We trailed off into silence. I just sat there and being with him made me feel a lot better. I feel his fingers run through my hair and then he tips my head back and kisses me. Just as the kiss started to intensify, I pull away. “It’s time. We have to go.” Christian’s blue eyes say otherwise. “Maybe this is the perfect time for you to stand up to the queen. You should just stay here. It’d be a great way to build character.” I roll my eyes, elbow him, and stand up, leaving a kiss on his forehead. “That’s not why you want me to stay, so don’t even try to play me Ozera.” We left the chapel and he mumbled something else so I elbowed him again. We went to the administration building because Tatiana wanted me to meet this royal guy who had just arrived at the Academy. We saw Kirova chatting with an older Moroi and a girl about my age. “Ah, Miss Dragomir. There you are.” Kirova gestures to the other two. “This is Eugene Lazar and his daughter Avery.” She turns back to them and gestures to us. “This is Vasilisa Dragomir and Christian Ozera.” We all shook hands and then Kirova gave us the news for why we were here. “Mr. Lazar is going to be the new headmaster here.” My head jerks up so I can look at Kirova. “What?” “I am stepping down though I will still be here as a teacher.” Mr. Lazar then asks us if we could show Avery to the guest housing and we agreed. Just as we were about to leave, we met Reed, Avery’s brother and Simon, Avery’s guardian. We didn’t talk with Avery much but we showed her the guest housing then left. There was something about Avery. I just couldn’t put my finger on it.
-------- End Chapter 3