Status: in progress

Lost in Temptation

Chapter Six

{Christian's POV}

When my eyes opened the next morning I knew something wasn't right. I rolled towards my alarm clock in confusion, and blinked twice, but the clock still red the same. Five thirty PM.

'Weird', I thought groggily, it felt like one.

I had slept hadn't I? I must have because I'd definitely dreamed.

It had been a strange dream, one that should have been a nightmare. I was a little kid again wandering through my old house. My parents were still alive so to speak, and in my dream at least they were making no attempt to hide they were strigoi.

I walked into the living room to see them feeding on someone. My mother looked up at my arrival and smiling wide lips blood red. "Hi sweet heart," she said.

When they were done She looked at the body and my mother sighed. I offered to take care of the body, and she ruffled my hair saying what a considerate boy I was.

It was heavy and the only other thing I thought was that we'd need more Lysol to cover up the smell. And I thought this as I threw the body in the basement it's thud was muffled by the many others. Then I realized I had blood on my hands and went to wash it off in the bathroom.

When I looked up at the mirror after I'd finished and noticed that my body had returned to it's normal age. And my eyes were scarlet red.

That's what had woken me up. It hadn't made my jump or scream just left behind a feeling of faint nauseous disgust.

I gave a sleepy groan but got up mumbling obscenities at the stupid clock, as i got dressed. I scowled at the mirror my eyes (thank god) weren't red like in my dream, but there was the faintest of dark circles. "The hell?" I said under my breath.

There was a knock at the door, "Come in," I shouted. Lissa opened the door. "Ready to go?" she asked with a slight smile. I nodded and kissed her.

We left to go to the younger students buildings. It was very funny actually, the fact that I was teaching younger students to fight strigoi when everyone assumed I'd want to become one of them, a strigoi I mean not a younger student.

I wasn't sure of all the kids name but I knew that one was called Jill. It seemed to start out well, the younger students seemed enamored with what they could learn to do. But half way thru I began to feel absolutely horrible; crap.

Lissa walked over to me looking concerned. "Are you okay?" I shook my head slightly. What the hell was going on? Did it have to do with the dream?

My stomach lurched, Oh god thinking about that was not a good idea. I had to run over to the trash can before my stomach contents made their reappearance.

I heard the younger students fall silent as the nausea abated for a moment. Lissa's hand gently patted my back as I was sick.

Jill began to freak, shrieking, "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" There was a loud thud and Lissa let out a small scream of surprise. I felt her hand leave my back as she went to deal with the problem.

I just stood there until Lissa returned, feeling numb and still slightly sick. "Come on," she says calmer than I thought possible, "I'm going to take you to the nurse."
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment!