‹ Prequel: Books
Status: Slowly but surely

History

Did you kiss him?

"How can I help you?" Georgia looked up from the computer at the help desk of the Chicago public library branch she worked at. "Oh, Savannah!"

The half sister leaned across the counter to give each other a hug. "It's been too long!"

"Well a week," Georgia, always the literal one, pointed out. "But I've missed you."

"Me too," Savannah smiled as her sister waved her boyfriend over. Brent was still volunteering at the library, though he had technically finished the time he had initially signed up for. The hockey player had asked if he could help out longer, surprising both his girlfriend and the rest of the staff who thought he probably hated it. "Hey Brent."

"How've you been Savannah?" Brent asked politely, giving the younger girl a quick hug.

"Really great actually," Savannah smiled. She didn't know if she wanted to gossip about her date with Patrick around his teammate, but then again she assumed he had told his friends anyways if he had had as much fun as he told her. "I went on a date with Patrick last night," Savannah prompted the conversation further.

"I heard," Brent rolled his eyes, "Kaner wouldn't shut up about this morning. Now the rest of the guys are asking if you two have anymore sisters."

"Just an annoying brother," Georgia laughed. "What'd you two do?"

"We went out to dinner, chatted, you know," Savannah trailed off, remembering how nice it was to talk to Patrick.

"Did you kiss him?" Georgia cut to the chase, making Brent choke a little and cough loudly, as he backed away from the help desk. He really didn't want to know all the juicy details of the date Savannah had with his team mate.

"No!" Savannah giggled, swatting her sister's shoulder playfully. "I wanted to though." Upon hearing that Brent hurried away even quicker, he really didn't want to become an information source in the middle of Pat and Savannah's relationship. Keeping either one informed about what the other was saying, would just make it too complicated. Better to stay an uninformed third party, he agreed with himself. He remembered his teammates having their own conversation about Kaner's date during a post-practice snack.

* * *

"So how'd the date go?" The older Patrick asked his teammate making their captain roll his eyes. "Where'd you take her?"

"You two sound like teenage girls," Brent threw a French fry at both the Patrick's, it landed on Kane's plate, he picked it up and ate it without a second thought,

"It was fun. We went to the french cafe you recommended Jon, " Patrick said after swallowing. "Savannah's more than a pretty face, she's really passionate about school and art and history and stuff."

"Makes you think twice about swearing off dating?" Sharpie asked, reminding the teammates of the evening when Patrick Kane claimed dating was a boring waste of time while he was young and he would have none of it.

"Yeah," he replied wistfully. Kaner surprised his teammate's by not coming back with some snarky comment like he usually did. "Maybe I'm finally ready for a real relationship."

At that other three men sitting at the booth, broke down laughing, hooting and hollering at their teammate. They clutched their aching sides after a full two minutes of cracking up, finally able to breathe again. Jon was the first to recover.

"She already has you whipped," he joked and the rest of the boys starting to laugh again while Patrick Kane's normally pale complexion turned a beet red out of embarrassment.

"Shut up!" He pouted. "You know what it's like," he looked towards his married teammate who was still laughing and then to Brent "And you were even more wrapped up before you started dating her sister. So don't get on my case about it!" Patrick fumed.

"Easy their tiger," Sharp tried to calm his friend. "We're just joking around. It's a really good thing you've found yourself a nice girl, we just never thought you'd even think about having a relationship until you… retired or something."

Patrick Kane's shoulders relaxed and he just shook his head waiting for someone else to change the subject.

* * *

Later that evening Savannah was skimming over the assigned reading for her Beg. Art History 1-2 class, jotting down key ideas and important pieces of information. She was just finishing her second section when her cell phone began to buzz loudly from her purse, which was… in an unknown place.

"Darn it," Savannah got up, realizing she wouldn't be able to find the small electronic in time to pick up the call. She bookmarked her paige and got up to search for it anyways, at least she'd be able to call them back quickly.

1 New Voicemail

The screen flashed once she flipped open her beat up Samsung. She wasn't expecting any calls tonight and most of her friends didn't leave messages, so Savannah thought it must be something urgent or an emergency.

"Hey Savannah it's Patrick," the scratchy voice that played once she had entered her voicemail pass word said. "I had a really great time at dinner with you and I was really hoping you'd be up to doing something like that again. Um… Well call me back when you get a chance. Bye!"

Savannah couldn't stop the smile from spreading across her face. Truthfully the last 24 hours she had been a nervous wreck waiting for Patrick to call. If he hadn't done so by the weekend, she would have called him, or at least tried to work up the nerve to. After doing a Happy dance around the house Savannah called Patrick back and they arranged to have lunch together at the park on Monday, two days from now.

"Ugh," Savannah groaned, realizing she still had more history notes to complete, she had been so focussed on Patrick she had almost forgot about them.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am soooo sorry for not updating for so long!!! I am the worst!!
But here is a chapter. I have the next couple already written and I think I have decided more where I am going to take this story. It's going to be a lot different that Books, there will be more conflict.
Sooo anywho please comment and I will try to update soon!! and more often over winter break!