Status: Read and Comment!(:

Signs Of Love

The Reason(Raydio)(Chapter 12)

Mom soon received the heads up that I was flunking Math and Science. English was nothing, what else did I have to do all day? I couldn’t very well talk on the phone or anything and I didn’t much care for TV.

“You need help, Ray.” She kept saying, but could she afford a tutor? No. One day on the bus I was working on some Math problems when Aaron came to sit by me.

“Hey, what are you doing?” He asked. It looked like there was something more than me on his mind.

‘Nothing.’ I signed. He was actually doing okay on the easy stuff in class. ‘Math.’

“Oh yeah, you’re good at math right?” There was a sarcastic look in my eyes.

‘What’s wrong?’ He sighed, looking away.

“It’s been a year and five months today since my brother was killed.” There was a heavy absence in the air. The blue eyes stood next to Aaron, making me jump from the seat, backing up against the window. He clearly did not want me to hear what would be said.

No sound passed through my lips, even though I wanted to scream out. I shut my eyes tightly, but when I opened them, the ghost was still there, haunting me. Haunting Aaron. “It’s sucks.”

‘Same here.’ I signed back, it was the most I’d ever talked about it to a classmate.

“You’re brother was killed too?” His deep green eyes flitted to mine, seeking comfort from the likeness.

‘No.’ I signed. ‘Me.’ I unrolled the turtleneck sweater I’d wore today, it was getting chilly, already November. I pointed to the large, thin, barely visible scar that reached across from ear to ear on my neck. There had been a lot of work done to reduce the size but if you looked close enough you could clearly see the mark. ‘Why I can’t speak.’

His mouth gaped open and covered his mouth. I rolled the fabric back up and smoothed it against my neck. I didn’t know the outcome of telling him and if I would regret the decision I’d just made. “When?”

‘One year and five months ago. Today.’ It was a good thing he’d learned some of the language. We could at least hold a decent conversation. Now I knew the connection between me and Aaron and why the blue eyed monster seemed to only come around when Aaron was near.

The ghost was Aaron’s brother and I’d been his prey. There was a scream that shattered my ears, but I didn’t budge as they started bleeding out.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment!
sorry its so short! been busy!