Watching From Afar

Curtains that Seperate You From Me

Franks P.O.V
The blinds were closed, so I couldn’t see a thing. The rough bark of the tree I was sitting on made sitting here very uncomfortable, and I still couldn’t see a thing. No matter how I moved I still couldn’t find a comfortable position.
Someone inside turned on the light. Now through the blind I could at least saw shadows. I could watch his every move, but I couldn’t see his face; the face that haunted my dreams, the face that appeared on everyone when I looked around, the beautiful hazel eyes and unnaturally pale skin. His long, greasy, black hair that made me reach my hand out to touch even though there’s no hair to feel.
I sighed, putting my hand down on the tree next to my right thigh, and drumming my fingers.
I don’t know why I come here every night. The curtains are always closed so I can’t see him. I should really try staying away, I tell myself, even though I know there’s no way I’m going to be able to. I sigh again and am about to climb down the tree when I see the curtains move.
I freeze where I’m at as I see pale fingers grip the curtain blinds and pull one open enough to look out the window. All I see of is face is one perfect hazel eye and I jump down the tree.
When I landed in the grass I run to the sidewalk and start running to the sidewalk and start walking from there. I pull my hood up as I get to the sidewalk and stuff my hands in my pockets. If he was to look out toward the sidewalk he would only see someone taking a midnight walk. Not someone who practically stalks him.
Gerard’s P.O.V
I walked into my room and pulled down my pants so I could get in bed. It had been a long day, one I would rather have forgotten. I was just pulling down the blankets when I heard a sigh from outside my window. There was a tree out there that someone could climb, but it was pretty high up to be right next to my window.
I dropped the blanket and walked over to the window. The window was covered with curtains so I wrapped my fingers around it and pushed it open just enough so I was able to look outside with one eye.
For an instant I saw someone running across the yard to the sidewalk. I could see the back of their neck, which had a tattoo on it. When I looked at the sidewalk I only saw a guy in a hoodie who was taking a walk.
The runner must have been my imagination; I decided and climbed into bed.
Frank’s P.O.V
I had gotten no sleep the night before since I was wondering if he had saw me. I hadn’t had my hood up while I was running so hopefully he thought it had been two different people.
I walked into the evil prison known as school and looked over at the bench where I knew Gerard would be. Just as I thought he was there, sketchbook in hand, not paying attention to what he other students were doing.
I watched long enough to see Gerard’s brother sit down next to him.
I kept walking with my head turned, watching Gerard, when I ran into someone. Someone much taller than me since my nose was met by a flat chest. “Watch where you’re goin’ fag!” The jock yelled at me.
I looked back at Gerard one more time and walked into the building.
Gerard’s P.O.v
I lightly brought my pencil over the paper. I didn’t even know what I was drawing. I just knew I was drawing and I was happy.
Then a boy who was in my brother’s grade walked past. I think his name’s Frank. I looked at him momentarily and noticed he had a tattoo on his neck. That brought a deja vu sort of feeling but I couldn’t place why. I mean why would some kids who I had never talked to’s tattoo make me remember something? I couldn’t figure out why, and at the moment I didn’t care, so I turned my attention back to my sketchbook.
I looked down and realized I had still been drawing while looking at the kids tattoo. I put my hand through my hair and sighed. I closed my sketchbook as Mikey sat down next to me.
“Hey Gee.”
“Hey Mikes.”
“Frank’s comin’ over later.”
“Cool.” I messed up his hair, “You’ve always been more social than me.”
He smiled and patted his hair back in place.
“Watch where you’re goin’ fag!” A jock yelled as Frank walked into him.
I looked at Mikey and grinned, “Well he’s as easily distracted as you!”
He glared, “Yeah, well I gotta go. See you after school Gee.”
“See ya.”
***After School***
I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel as I waited for Mikey and Frank. I didn’t know why but I swore I knew Frank from somewhere. Once again I pushed the thought away as I saw the two coming toward the car.
Mikey opened the door and tripped his way in.
I smiled at my little brother and said, “Naturally.”
He scooted across the seats so Frank could get in the car. “Frank, Gerard. Gerard, Frank.” He said, pointing to us in turn.
I looked in the mirror, “Hey Frank.”
He nodded, looked away, and I started the car.
Frank’s P.O.V
In Mikeys’ brother’s presence, Mikey is even more talkative than usual. I thought he’d never shut up.
Shortly after we arrived at the Way household and got out of the car. The first thing I noticed about the yard was the damn tree. I took one look at it and my face went red hot. Thankfully Mikey was still talking so neither of the brothers noticed how red my face had gotten.
We walked into the house and Gerard and Mikey stopped to wipe off their shoes before bounding into the kitchen. I just stood there not knowing what to do. Not a minute later, Mikeys brunette head popped around the wall and he said in his normal overly happy Mikey voice, “Come on Frank!”
So I followed.