Watching From Afar

I Need to Call You, but I'm to Scared

Gerard’s P.O.v
Mikey looked at me in shock. “I thought you were but I-I didn’t know.”
I ran a hand through my hair. “Yeah, Mikes I know that you had your suspicions because I came up behind you guys when you were telling Frank. That’s pretty much why I was in a crappy mood. No one wants to hear their little brother talk about them in such a worried tone.”
Mikeys eyes were wide in shock. He stood there for a minute not knowing what to say. I wanted to listen to him but if he didn’t have anything to say I guess I was just going to leave. So I turned around and headed to my room, but Mikey grabbed my arm before I could even get out of the room.
“Gerard wait. I didn’t know that you had come up behind us.” I really wanted to say duh to that, but I think he knew that. “I only worry like that because I don’t want you to get beat up. You’re on the football team right now, everyone loves you. It would be quite a shock if you told people that you were gay one day and the next day you’re still on the football team but you’re not a hero anymore.”
“Mikes I know. But I don’t like any of those guys like that. I mean seriously have you seen them? They are nothing of my type. They already criticize me on my music choices. I don’t need them telling me how wrong my sexual habits are too.”
“Yeah well Gerard, I get to worry about you whether you like it or not.” Mikey said sticking his tongue out at me.
“Well what are you going to do if I tell you I don’t like it?” I said taking the challenge.
Mikey looked at me and started running. “Run!” he yelled as a response.
Franks P.O.v
It was the day after the day Gerard, Mikey, and I had spent around town. All I had done the rest of that day was just laid on my bed and thought about what had happened. That's also what did the whole day again. I knew that Gerard had heard Mikey and I talking. It didn't take a genius to know that was why he had been in a bad mood the whole day after we had gone to the comic store. I really wanted to talk about it with him but I hated confrontations, either kind. Me being confronted or confronting someone else made me extremely nervous. I didn't want to talk to him about it but I knew I had to.
I looked at my phone that I had put on my bedside table just in case Gerard decided to text or call me. I seriously doubted he would but I really hoped that he would call or something so that I wouldn't have to, but of course since I had promised myself if he hadn't called or texted by eight that night I would force myself to do it. The closer it got to eight the more I knew I would have to do it.
I looked at the clock and it said it was 7:30. I had half an hour before I would need to call Gerard.
Should I tell him about my nightly habits? I hadn't done it since I had gone over there invited but I still thought that he should know about it. I sort of figured that if I told him he would never want to see me again but some part of my mind kept telling me that maybe if I told him he would be flattered. But then the sensible part of my brain would yell 'he won't! He will be frightened! If you want any chance with him don't tell him!'
I hated my brain most of the time.
Minutes later my phone started vibrating. I picked it up and answered figuring it was going to be my mom calling about what I wanted her to bring home when she got off of work.
"Hello?
"Hey Frank."
I almost died when I heard his voice. It was 7:55!
"Oh hey Gerard."
"Frank, I wanted to apologize for how I acted yesterday after we went to the comic store."
"Gerard I know that you heard Mikey and I talking."
There was a weird noise over the phone and I thought he had hung up. "Oh, um yeah."
"I'm sorry Gerard." I said abruptly.
"Why are you sorry Frank?" he asked, sounding curious.
"Just that we were talking…"
"No its okay. You defended me and kept the news to yourself. And besides Mikey was only worried about me getting hurt. No harm done there."
"Oh okay." I started and then took a deep breath. "Gerard I need to tell you something."
"What is it Frank?"
"I sort of…um…"
"You sort of what Frank?"
"I kind of sit outside your window at night hoping that one day you will open the curtains and talk to me." I said it in a rush then heard silence on the other end.