Status: finished.

We Were Already Free

fin.

Gavin doesn’t know how the hell he got here.

He hasn’t got the foggiest on how he managed to get in a band, and actually become successful. They’re a crap band, and he just vomits words out in a slightly different tune than talking. So why do people like ‘The Blackout’?

Gavin has no idea. But he doesn’t know a lot of things. For instance, why is the sky blue? Why is the grass green? (Actually, he knows that one. It’s that weird chlorophyll thing. Year nine Biology for the win.) Or why is Matthew so adorable? Is there really a god? Why does his father pick his nose in public?

Stuff like that. It’s complicated.

But he also doesn’t know how he got here; to Sean’s hotel room door, flowers in one hand and a random chick flick in the other hand.

He’s not sure how he ended up in this grubby hotel with the rest of the band, managed to slip away for the night to tell Sean how he really felt.

Gavin isn’t sure how he fell for Sean in the first place.

It’s complicated.

Gavin thinks about it, and gets a migraine.

~

I.
Whenever Gavin sees Sean with Ian, that tiny little Gavin with devil horns and a forked tail pops up on his shoulder and whispers softly in his ear.

That’s not right. It should be you. You’ve been best friends with Sean all your life.

And then Gavin starts walking towards Ian and Sean, but then that little Gavin with angel wings pops onto the other shoulder, giving him that,

What do you think you’re doing?

So he stops walking and just balls his fists into his sides and glares at the floor, hoping that it will open up and swallow him whole.

~

II.

It’d been a long day.

The concert was kind of a disaster. Bob slipped and twisted his ankle a bit. The fans freaked out and here, chaos ensues.

Someone ended up putting a hole through Snoz’s drums, someone stepped on Rhys’s bass and snapped her neck, Sean threw his mic randomly and it hit a fan in the head, and the fans weren’t helping either by screaming and running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

All in all, everything ended up fine… sort of.

Bob had to go to the hospital to get a cast.

Snoz sat at the corner of the stage and pitched a fit because of his drums.

Rhys cried in Gavin’s arms for the longest time, holding the two pieces of his bass to his chest.

Sean and Matthew just sat awkwardly on the edge of the stage and talked to fans before leaving to go to the hospital with Bob.

By the time everyone was back, it was about midnight, and everyone was exhausted.

... Supposedly.

When Gavin went back to the bunks, there was a lot of thumping and noises coming from back there. Gavin raised an eyebrow and pressed his ear to the door.

There was laughing, and then, “Whoa, Ian,” and then more giggling, and then a long, drawn out moan. And then a series of lots and lots of moans after that.

Of course.

Only Sean would do something like that.

Gavin pulled a thin blanket from the linen closet in the cramped hallway and slept on the hard floor.

~

III.

Gavin had seen the guys naked plenty of times.

They’ve been friends since grade school. It doesn’t matter.

They even went so far as to compare who had the biggest cock in grade eleven.

So it wasn’t a big deal if someone walked into the bathroom while someone else was in there.

No one cares. Really.

Except if you’re getting fucked up the ass by someone. Then you probably don’t want someone walking into the bathroom. Because that’s awkward.

So when Gavin walked into the bathroom the other day, he didn’t really care if someone was in there pissing or now. He just really needed a shave. His beard was getting itchy.

So he just burst into the bathroom and picked up his razor.

Except something was off; so he turned to look at the shower.

And there was Sean, bent over, Ian Watkins fucking him up the ass.

Gavin dropped the razor in the sink, screamed, “That’s where people take showers, you bloody wankers,” booked it out of there.

~

IV.

After Ian dumped Sean, nothing seemed to cheer him up. Sean really missed Ian, no doubt about it. No matter what anyone did; shoving drumsticks up their noses, farting at the local bookstore in a mass of people, wearing women’s clothing, etcetera, Sean was still a depressed emo child.

And so after a long day, Gavin decided that he had to do something.

Even if it was at an inconvenient time (the whole, Ian dumping Sean deal), he had to do it, otherwise he would never be able to work up the balls to do it again.

So Gavin went out and bought flowers and rented a movie just for Sean while everyone else was out drinking.

He’d make Sean smile, if that was the last thing he’d do.

~

It’s now or never. Come on Gavin, you can do it.

Gavin reaches up and knocks once on the door. He wipes his knuckles off on his jacket afterwards. Who knows how many germs this shitty hotel has?

“Who is it?”

“Room service… Who do you think? Sean, it’s me. Gav.”

The door opens slowly, and a mop of platinum blonde hair pokes out.

“Hey Gav. Why aren’t you out drinking with the rest of the crew?”

Gavin smiles and holds up the flowers and movie shyly. “I-I… I thought that you’d like some company.”

Sean looks at the flowers, at the movie, and then back up to Gavin’s beet red face.

He smiles and opens the door a little wider, and the shorter male slips in, awkwardly holding the flowers and movie while Sean shuts the door. Then Sean turns around and looks at Gavin, the faintest smile on his lips, gracing Gavin with its presence.

“Gav… what are you doing?”

“Y-you needed some cheering up, I think. These are for you… and I brought you ‘Mean Girls’ because I know you like it, and it makes you laugh.”

Sean reaches over and takes Gavin’s hand, and pushes him onto the bed. Then he pops the DVD into the player and presses play.

He turns and looks at Gavin on the bed, before walking over and plopping himself fairly close to Gavin, and resting his head on the brunette’s shoulder.

“Thanks, Gav,” he murmurs, kissing his cheek, before snuggling closer.

This is definitely a start.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uhh.
I'm not sure.
I'm really tired, and I just realized after I got the comment on my profile that I probably needed to turn this in.
It's just fluffy stuff.
Yeah.
Sorry.
No hot man on man action. Hah.
This probably won't win, but I feel a sense of accomplishment.
Time for bed. xD

B T DUBBS.
This format is really weird.
I tried to do the "The five time that ____ _____, and the one time ____ ____." obviously I didn't do five times that he did this because I'm tired. xD
I dunno. I just tried something new. x3

**commentssss?

xo,
K

#nowplaying: No One - Trocadero
... cruising along, to a Mexican song... - Steady Ride (Gun Metal Green) - Trocadero