Utopia

Chapter 2 - Acts IV, V, VI

Mao stands on top of one of the two poles on the stage, each connected by a single wire. Her costume is different. Mao now wears a sleeveless pink dress with a golden design. The bottom of the skirt poofs out a bit. On her arms are light pink fingerless gloves that reach up to her bicep.
Mao takes a pink parcel that lays next to her. She opens it and steps onto the string. At first she wobbles, but she steadily finds her balance.
“Dude, are you making eyes at this girl too?” Ignacio's friend asks.
“Do you have a carnie fetish or something?” Another asks.
“Dude, fucking savage,” says another.
“Guys, fuck off,” Ignacio says, “I'd like to see you guys try doing that.”
“I'd bust my ass!” A friend says. They all laugh.
Mao stands at the center of the wire. She giggles and raises a leg, looking like a lovesick child while cautiously balancing on one foot. Mao continues along to the second pole then puts down her parcel. She bends over to pick up four juggling pins. You'll never guess what she does with them. She juggles! After establishing a rhythm, Mao crosses the string once more. Slowly, with pauses and hesitations, she reaches the other side. She places the pins down and picks up a unicycle. She pushes herself up onto it, idling until she is able to cross the tightrope. Everyone watches in awe as she peddles her way to the other pole. There, she temporarily gets off her unicycle. Mao spins three places on sticks in eat hand and one on her head. She lurches herself onto her unicycle, and peddles forward. Ignacio's hand feel sweaty and he notices his friends are holding their breath.
Mao reaches the other side, puts her items down, and waves to the crowd. Everyone screams and begins to chant her name. Mao climbs down the latter and exits the stage as Dragomir enters.
“So who else has heard of string theory?” Dragomir asks. No one laughs.
“Fine, fine,” Dragomir laughs, “No one came to the circus to learn. Seiichi is coming back for a trampoline act!”
Seiichi, now dressed in a tuxedo, comes onto the new stage. A large, translucent wall with three windows stands tall in the center of the stage. Two trampolines lay on each side. Seiichi begins jumping on the trampoline. His head goes low, almost touching the trampoline. Seiichi glides from one side of the trampoline to another in the span of one jump. He continuously flips back and forth, resembling a metronome. Seiichi balances himself and jumps straight into the air. As he rises, he curls into a ball and spins, then unwinds before landing again on the trampoline.
Seiichi faces the large wall beside him. He propels himself up and lands in the middle hole. He skips off of the structure and onto the other trampoline. There, he falls onto his back. When he bounces, he pushes himself from the building's walls, giving off the appearance of climbing it. The more he does this, the higher he goes.
Seiichi lands on the top of the wall and lays down. He gives a dramatic pose, putting his hand over his forehead, feigning distress. He rolls off of it, landing on the trampoline. He springs back onto the top of the wall, landing in a sitting position. Seiichi sighs and pouts. He leans back and falls onto trampoline. Seiichi launches himself through the middle window and onto the other trampoline. He somersaults in the air, then lands on his back to continue “climbing the wall.” When he reaches near the top, he begins to do flips off of the structure. When finished, he has himself land on his feet in the middle window. The music dies down as he waves and blows kisses to the audience. Seiichi climbs down and exits the stage while Dragomir enters.
“You know, when I asked Seiichi what he had to offer to Utopia,” Dragomir says, “ He showed me a little of that and I thought to myself, 'He really launched himself into his career!'” Everyone groaned.
“Alright, I'll stop clowning around!,” Dragomir laughs, “But Ranae, Holter, and Nahlah won't! Clap for the clowns!” Not many people clap. Clowns are terrifying.
A tiny car drives onto the new set. Three people dressed in clown attire exit the vehicle.
“I don't know why they did the clown car bit,” A friend says.
“What do you mean?” Another asks.
“There are three clowns and you can fit four people into a car,” The friend replies.
“Yeah, but that was a small car,” The other friend says.
“Have you ever tried fitting three people into a smart car?” Ignacio asks.
“No what do I look like? Mr. Moneybag running three businesses while I party on my yacht?” his friend asks.
Ranae trips while exiting the vehicle. Nahlah covers her mouth, acting surprised. Holter offers Ranae his hand and she gratefully takes it. Halfway up, Holter lets Ranae fall back to the ground while Nahlah laughs and points at the two. Holter, again, reaches out to help Ranae up, but she declines. Instead, she picks herself up and falls once more. Ranae throws her hands down in defeat and pouts. At an attempt to cheer her up, Nahlah runs to Ranae and pulls out a bouquet of flowers. Ranae smiles and takes them. Nahlah and Holter skip across the stage, shushing the crowd. As Ranae smells the flowers, they squirt water all over her. In a rage, Ranae tosses the flowers aside, stands up, pulls a rubber chicken from her pocket, and marches to the other two laughing clowns. She tugs on Holter's shirt and when he turns to face her, she hits him upside the head with her chicken. Holter falls on the ground and faints. Now upset, Nahlah pulls a tissue from her pocket to dry her tears. However, the cloth that she pulls out is continuous and takes a full minute and a half to completely get it out. Nahlah looks back and forth between her tissues and Ranae. With a smile on her face, she ties Ranae up with the cloth. Holter wakes up, rubs his head, and looks at the now tied Ranae with surprise. Nahlah and Holter sprint to the clown car and drive away without Ranae. Frightened, Ranae hops off of the stage.
“Did you guys like the act?” Dragomir asks. The crowd remains silent and Dragomir says, “Well, I thought asking would be a nice Jester! Please stay because up next is Priyansh versus The Wolves!”